South Bend SB1057F - 18" x 60" Turn-Nado Gearhead Lathe with Fagor DRO
- Motor: 15 HP
- Swing: 18 in.
- Distance between centers: 60 in.
- Spindle bore: 3.15 in.
- Spindle type: D1-8 Camlock
- Speeds: 20 – 1600 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT#5
- Tailstock barrel travel: 6-1/2 in.
- Shipping weight: 5312 lbs.
Product Group4" and 7" Bench 8" - 11" Bench 13" and 14" 16" 18" - 21" 34" 38" and 42"
Hover to View Details
Showroom Pickup Availability
SB1057F 18" x 60" Turn-Nado Gearhead Lathe with DRO
Designed for demanding shops that want “nothing but the very best.”
The SB1057F 18" x 60" Turn-Nado Gearhead Lathe is driven by a fixed speed 15 HP motor with quick-change gear levers to control the 16 spindle speeds between 20-1600 RPM.
A factory-installed Fagor digital readout displays the positioning of the carriage and cross slide.
To further ensure a high degree of accuracy, this lathe is equipped with high-quality spindle bearings. The spindles are D1-8 camlock with an MT#7 taper and 3.15" bore. The tailstocks have an MT#5 taper with 6-1/2" of quill travel.
These lathes feature a spindle clutch that allows the operator to switch between forward and reverse without shutting down the motor—a great time saver.
The headstock is equipped with a pressurized oiling system that lubricates the bearings and gears before the spindle starts.
The bed of the lathe is constructed with Meehanite® castings that are hardened and precision-ground in the traditional three V-way prismatic design.
Quality Allen-Bradley® electrical components and attention to detail provide dependable electrical control of the powered movements.
The SB1057F manual was written by our U.S.-based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The easy-to-read manual provides full instructions on how to maintain your lathe.
All South Bend lathes come with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 15 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 19A
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.23A
- Swing over bed: 18.11"
- Distance between centers: 60"
- Swing over cross slide: 11.02"
- Swing over saddle: 18"
- Swing over gap: 27.95"
- Maximum tool bit size: 1"
- Carriage travel: 59"
- Compound travel: 5.39"
- Cross slide travel: 11"
- Spindle speeds: Variable, 20–1600 RPM
- Longitudinal feeds: 0.0015 to 0.0400 IPR (15)
- Cross feeds: 0.00075 to 0.020 IPR (15)
- Inch thread range: 2 to 72 TPI (38 pitches)
- Metric thread range: 0.4 to 14 mm (40 pitches)
- Modular threads: 0.3 to 3.5 (18 pitches)
- Diametral threads: 8 to 44 (21 pitches)
- Overall dimensions: 110-1/2" W x 27" D x 54-3/4" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 5522 lbs.
- Fagor 2-axis DRO
- Meehanite® castings
- Allen-Bradley® controls
- SKF spindle bearings
- Micrometer carriage stop
- 14" 4-jaw independent chuck D1-8
- 12" 3-jaw scroll chuck mounted to D1-8 plate
- U.S.-based customer service and technical support
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.