SB1109 20" Planer with Helical Cutterhead
Get unmatched planing with South Bend precision.
Designed with the exacting tolerances your shop demands, the SB1109 20" Planer with Helical Cutterhead is top of its class in precision workmanship and dependability.
The helical cutterhead delivers near mirror-smooth finishes right out of the gate. It consists of four rows of 92 indexable carbide inserts, each angled slightly to produce a shearing action.
This shearing action results in less tearout in highly figured woods and quieter operation—and the planed surfaces are far superior to what you'll get with straight-knife or other 20" spiral cutterheads on the market.
Other high-end features include a digital table height scale for ultra-precise and consistent thickness adjustments, precision-ground cast-iron tables, and triple belt drive—everything that makes this planer truly live up to the South Bend name.
The SB1109 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
South Bend tools come with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based.
Parts and accessories for the jointer are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
No more messing around. This will be the last 20" planer you'll ever need to buy.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase, 23A
- Maximum stock width: 20"
- Maximum stock thickness: 8"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Minimum stock length: 7"
- Maximum cutting depth full width: 5/64"
- Maximum cutting depth 6" wide board: 1/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/4"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row helical with 92 inserts
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- Insert size and type: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm, indexable carbide
- Feed rate: Variable, 10–28 FPM
- Table size: 56" x 20"
- Table wings size: 15" x 21-1/4"
- Dust port size: 5"
- Footprint: 23-1/2" x 29-1/4"
- Overall dimensions: 46-1/2" W x 56" D x 46" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 820 lbs.
- Digital table height scale
- Variable feed speed dial on control pedestal
- Extra-large ball bearing return rollers
- Heavy-duty precision-ground cast-iron extension wings
- Pedestal-mounted controls with magnetic switch and thermal overload protection
- Internally mounted motor
- Four heavy-duty support columns
- Anti-kickback fingers
- Drive gears run in oil bath
- Triple belt drive inside housing
- US based customer service and technical support