South Bend SB1109 - 20" Planer with Helical Cutterhead
- Motor: 5 HP
- Max cutting width: 20 in.
- Max cutting height: 8 in.
- Cutter Head Type: Helical
- Cutter Head Diameter: 3 in.
- Min Stock Length: 7 in.
- Feed Rate(s): 10 - 28 FPM
- Table size: 56 in. x 20 in.
- Shipping weight: 820 lbs.
Product GroupPlaner/Moulder 12" and 13" Straight 13" Spiral 15" Spiral 15" Straight 20" Spiral 20" Straight 24" Spiral 24" Straight 25" Spiral
Hover to View Details
SB1109 20" Planer with Helical Cutterhead
Get unmatched planing with South Bend precision.
Designed with the exacting tolerances your shop demands, the SB1109 20" Planer with Helical Cutterhead is top of its class in precision workmanship and dependability.
The helical cutterhead delivers near mirror-smooth finishes right out of the gate. It consists of four rows of 92 indexable carbide inserts, each angled slightly to produce a shearing action.
This shearing action results a smoother finish and minimized tearout in highly figured woods. This also allows for lower noise levels to what you'll get with 15" straight-knife or other spiral cutterheads on the market.
Other high-end features include a digital table height scale for ultra-precise and consistent thickness adjustments, precision-ground cast-iron tables, and triple belt drive—everything that makes this planer truly live up to the South Bend name.
The SB1109 manual was written by our U.S.-based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
South Bend tools come with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are also U.S.-based.
Parts for the jointer may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
No more messing around. This will be the last 20" planer you'll ever need to buy.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase, 23A
- Maximum stock width: 20"
- Maximum stock thickness: 8"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Minimum stock length: 7"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/4"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row helical with 92 inserts
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- Insert size, type: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm, indexable carbide
- Feed rate: Variable, 10–28 FPM
- Table size: 56" x 20"
- Table wings size: 15" x 21-1/4"
- Dust port size: 5"
- Footprint: 23-1/2" x 29-1/4"
- Overall dimensions: 46-1/2" W x 56" D x 46" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 820 lbs.
- Digital table height scale
- Variable feed speed dial on control pedestal
- Extra-large ball bearing return rollers
- Heavy-duty precision-ground cast-iron extension wings
- Pedestal-mounted controls with magnetic switch and thermal overload protection
- Internally mounted motor
- Four heavy-duty support columns
- Anti-kickback fingers
- Drive gears run in oil bath
- Triple belt drive inside housing
- U.S.-based customer service and technical support