SB1027F 9" x 48" 3 HP Turret Mill with DRO
Built in true South Bend fashion with uncompromising quality.
The South Bend 9" x 48" 3 HP Turret Mill with DRO features 3-axis table movement with built-in longitudinal power feed. For maximum support and accuracy through the full range of movement, it is constructed with high-grade Meehanite castings while the saddle and knee ways are hand-scraped and Turcite-coated with wide dovetails.
The headstock is mounted on a wide-dovetail movable ram with 13" of travel on the column and 360° rotating capability. The headstock itself can swivel 90° left/right or 45° forward/back so it can be positioned for nearly any setup needed.
The SB1027F manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your mill.
Like all South Bend mills, the SB1027F comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the mill are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase, 8.5A
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.45A
- Spindle travel: 5"
- Max distance spindle to column: 19"
- Max distance spindle to table: 18"
- Longitudinal travel: 30"
- Cross travel: 12"
- Vertical travel: 16"
- Ram travel (In/Out): 13"
- Ram swivel: 360°
- Head swivel: 90°
- Head tilt: 45°
- Drilling capacity for cast-iron: 1"
- Drilling capacity for steel: 3/4"
- End milling capacity: 1"
- Face milling capacity: 4"
- Table size: 9" W x 48" L x 3" T
- Table T-slots: (3) 5/8"
- Table capacity: 750 lbs.
- X-Axis table power feed rate: 0-3.34 FPM
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle speeds: variable, 60-5000 RPM
- Footprint: 36" L x 24" W
- Overall dimensions: 57" W x 71" D x 87-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 2365 lbs.
- Fagor DRO
- High-quality, low-vibration AEVF spindle motor
- P4 (ABEC-7) high-quality angular contact spindle bearings
- Powered recycling coolant system
- Lever-action, one-shot pump lubrication system
- Auto-downfeed stop with micro-adjustable stop
- Variable-speed longitudinal power feed
- Hardened and precision-ground table surface
- Chromed steel quill heavy-duty spindle brake
- Allen-Bradley electrical controls
- Japanese NSK/NTN bearings
- Table, knee and ram are equipped with dual locking mechanisms
- Turcite-coated ways
- Meehanite castings