Special Schools Program Offer: Heavy 13 buyers will receive over $1300 of accessories at no additional charge.
SB1049 Heavy 13, 13" x 30" Gearhead Lathe
Engineered from the ground up in the truest South Bend fashion.
The South Bend SB1049 Heavy 13 Gearhead Lathe is driven by a 3 HP motor with convenient headstock levers to control the 8 spindle speeds between 80-2000 RPM.
The spindles are D1-5 camlock with an MT#5 taper, 1.57" bore, and equipped with Japanese NSK or NTN bearings. The tailstocks have an MT#3 taper and 1.968" of quill travel.
The bed of the lathe is constructed with patented Meehanite-processed castings, hardened and precision-ground in the traditional three V-way prismatic design.
The SB1049 is covered by a 2-year warranty covering parts and factory defects. Tooling and other lathe-related consumables are not covered.
The SB1049 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Dept and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The South Bend CS and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts are available online and shipped from the South Bend warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase, 16.5
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.45A
- Distance between centers: 30"
- Swing over bed: 13.38"
- Swing over cross slide: 8.26"
- Swing over saddle: 11.02"
- Maximum tool bit size: 3/4"
- Compound travel: 4"
- Carriage travel: 36-1/2"
- Cross slide travel: 7"
- Spindle bore: 1.57"
- Spindle taper: MT #5
- Spindle speeds: 80 - 2000 RPM
- Spindle type: D1-5 camlock
- Tailstock travel: 4-1/2"
- Tailstock taper: MT #3
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 1.968"
- Longitudinal feeds: 0.002 to 0.067 IPR (17)
- Cross feeds: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR (17)
- Inch thread range: 2 to 72 TPI (45 pitches)
- Metric thread range: 0.2 to 14 mm (39 pitches)
- Modular threads: 0.3 to 3.5 (18 pitches)
- Diametral threads: 8 to 44 (21 pitches)
- Bed width: 9"
- Overall dimensions: 79" W x 38" D x 69" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 2090 lbs.
- Superior engineered uniformity with Meehanite castings
- Signature self-centering South Bend three V-way bed
- Allen Bradley electrical components
- 8" 4-jaw independent chuck D1-5
- 7" 3-jaw scroll chuck mounted to D1-5 plate
- 10" faceplate D1-5
- Follow rest
- Steady rest with roller bearing tips
- #5 to #3 morse taper spindle sleeve
- Two morse taper #3 dead centers
- 4-Way tool post
- Toolbox with service tools
- US Based Customer Service and Technical Support