Teknatool T32015 - Nova 18" Orion DVR Lathe
The Orion gives you power with its 1-3/4 HP 110V/2HP 220V DVR motor, which provides more torque than many lathes on the market. With no pulleys or belts to vibrate, the award-winning DVR motor is smooth and delivers intelligent control to your turning experience.
The Nova DVR motor also delivers an incredible variable spindle speed range from 100 - 5000 RPM, with 8 programmable speeds. This makes it the perfect solution for a wide variety of materials and projects from small pens to large bowls. When it comes to capacity, the Orion delivers with an 18" swing over the bed with a 45-1/4"overall between centers when using the extension bed.
The 360° swiveling headstock locks at any position and includes locating detents at 0, 22.5°, 45° and 90°. The tailstock is self-ejecting. The bed has CAD designed webbing to absorb vibration throughout the bed length and provides exceptional structural strength.
5-year warranty on parts and components and 2-year warranty on motor and electronics.
- Motor: 1-3/4 HP, 110V / 2 HP, 220V DVR direct drive
- Swing over bed: 18"
- Distance between centers with included extension: 45-1/4"
- Distance between centers without extension: 22-3/4"
- Spindle speed: Variable, 100 - 5000 RPM
- Spindle threads: 1-1/4" x 8 TPI
- Spindle taper: MT#2
- Tailstock taper: MT#2
- Tool rest width: 12"
- Machine weight: 486 lbs.
- Heavy-duty cast-iron stand
- Headstock swivels 360° for outboard bowl turning
- Variable speed with 8 programmable settings
- Self-ejecting tailstock
- Electronic auto braking
- Speed selection chart
- Idle motor detection
- Vibration sensing
- 22-1/2" Cast-iron bed extension
- 6" faceplate
- MT#2 live center
- MT#2 spur center
- NOVA DVR controller
- Knock-out bar