G8689 4" x 16" Mini Milling Machine
An affordable and feature packed mill.
The G8689 4" x 16" Mini Milling Machine will handle any kind of job up to 1/2" drilling, 1/2" end mills, and 1" facing. This mill features an MT#3 spindle taper, which only accepts MT#3 collets.
The variable-speed control and gear drive saves you time and hassle. The G8689 has two speed ranges: low range is 0–1100, high range is 0–2500 RPM.
Spindle height on this mill is controlled by two methods. The rapid downfeed works similar to a drill press. The micro downfeed will allow you to make adjustments to 0.001". One full revolution is 0.060".
The headstock can be adjusted up and down the column and tilted 45° left or right relative to the table.
The limit block can be set when you want to limit the amount of head travel. Repeated hole drilling of the same depth is a perfect use for this feature.
Like all of the Grizzly Mills, the G8689 comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G8689 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your mill drill.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the mill may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 350W, 110V, single-phase, 4.5A
- Spindle taper: MT #3
- Spindle speeds: Variable, 0–2500 RPM
- Maximum distance spindle to table: 11-1/2"
- Max distance spindle-to-column: 6-3/8"
- Table size: 3-5/8" x 15-3/4"
- T-slots: 3 @ 1-1/8" centers, 7/16" wide
- Table travel (longitudinal): 7-5/16"
- Table travel (cross): 4"
- Head travel: 7-1/2"
- Head tilt: 45° L/R
- Drilling capacity: 1/2" mild steel
- End milling capacity: 1/2"
- Face milling capacity: 1"
- Overall size: 20" W x 20" D x 30-1/4" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 149 lbs.
- Two speed ranges on geared drive
- Spring head return
- Safety shut-off switch
- Adjustable depth stop
- Fine feed head control
- Clear guard on spindle
- Rubber chip guards on ways
- Zero-setting dials
- Adjustable dovetail ways on column
- 3/8" and 1/2" collets
- 1/2" drill chuck
- Two T-nuts