Grizzly G9959 - Wood Mill® - Wood & Metalworking
Think about it; almost every woodworking project requires the operator to feed the wood by hand and almost every metalworking project requires the workpiece to be clamped down. How many times have you wished your fingers were farther away from the cutterhead or blade when working on wood? This Mill allows you to control the cut, shape or bore the wood much more safely than if you were using traditional machines.
Wood projects are typically larger than metal projects so this mill had to have a table that would be capable of handling larger wood parts. It also had to have a faster spindle speed to accommodate quick material removal for wood working and have a variable head ram that could swing out, slide in and out, tilt, etc... and still be able to be used for metalworking. In our tests, everyone that used it was amazed by it. In fact, several people commented "why didn't someone think of this sooner?" If you are a serious woodworker who performs precision and complex work, you will absolutely love this machine!
S. Balolia, President
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle travel: 3-1/2"
- Table size: 10" x 33-3/4"
- Table width end to end (tip of handwheel to tip of handwheel): 51"
- Table travel (longitudinal): 17-3/4"
- Table travel (cross): 12-3/4"
- Max. dist. spindle to table: 20-7/16"
- Max. dist. spindle to column: 16-1/2"
- Knee travel: 18"
- Machine depth (back of motor to tip of front handwheel): 41-1/4"
- Head tilt: 90° both ways
- Head swivel: 90° left and right
- T-slots: 3 on 2-1/2" centers, 3/8" studs
- Range of 9 speeds: 420-5000 RPM
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, Single Phase, 110/220V
- Shipping weight approx.: 1602 lbs.
- Solid cast iron construction throughout
- 2-1/2" hole in table for drilling operations
- Spindle stop with micro-adjustable setting
- Chrome plated precision ground quill
- Table locks for high rigidity
- Adjustable table stops for accurate stops for cuts and repeatability
- Hardened & ground column and knee slideways
- Table surface hardened and ground
- Heavy-duty saddle supports full width of table
- 1-1/2 HP, single phase, TEFC 3450 RPM motor, 110/220V, 16.4/8.2 amps
- Includes: drawbar