Grizzly G0458 - 18" 1-1/2 HP Single-Phase Open End Drum Sander
click to zoom
- Sanding motor: 1-1/2 HP, 110V, single-phase, 15 Amps
- Drum surface speed: 4000 FPM
- Conveyor feed rate: Variable, 2-12 FPM
- Maximum stock dimensions: 36" wide x 4-1/2" thick
- Minimum board length: 6"
- Minimum board thickness: 1/8"
- Sanding drum size: 4"
- Dust collection port: 2-1/2"
- Overall size: 50" H x 35" W x 24" D
- Approximate shipping weight: 300 lbs.
- Stand-alone dust collection with dust bag
- V-belt drive
- Steel construction
- 18" x 44-1/2" abrasive conveyor belt
- Variable-speed conveyor
- Stationary drum head stock
- Pass back roller
- Safety switch
- Uses 3" wide sandpaper
- Easy access for sandpaper changes
- Two pressure plates
- Includes 100-grit sandpaper
2 Customer Reviews (5 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
I bought this a year or more ago or so.I read that this sander goes off track and won't stay adjusted ,let me say this.Take time to learn
how to adjust it then watch it close while you use it keep adjusting it, then suddenly (probably the belt stretched) it will run for months on end without any fuss at all.I can't stop using this thing. My friends can't do without it either.
I bought this after looking at others on the market. I found it was well made and operates well for the most part. After reading the manual, found it easily adjusted to keep it running true.
I found a problem with the conveyor belt speed control as it came from the factory. I called support and they helped correct the problem.
The only detractor would be that the motor is 110v only. Most of the other Grizzly machines have 110/220v motors. I feel that the motor is a bit under-powered at 110v. If this had the ability to run at 220v it would be much more efficient with less strain on the motor.
But all in all it a very good machine and works well.