G9740 20" Planer w/ 7-1/2 HP 3-Phase Motor
We mean exactly what we say: this planer is for extreme duty!
This machine is solidly built weighing a massive 1678 pounds, with power up/down control for the table and variable speed feed. And there’s more! The bed rollers on this machine are power
driven and adjustable for height when planing rough cut lumber. Segmented chip breakers and four knife or spiral cutterhead means you get the best possible finish. Check out the impressive features below, and you’ll agree that this workhorse is a great investment.
- Cutterhead motor: 7-1/2 HP, 220V/440V*, 3-phase, 20A
- Feed motor: 1 HP
- Table elevation motor: 1/2 HP
- Table size: 20-1/8" x 35-3/8"
- Maximum cutting width: 20"
- Maximum cutting height: 9"
- Maximum cutting depth: 5/16"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Minimum stock length: 10"
- Feed rate: 20–40 FPM
- Knives: 4 HSS 20-1/8" x 1-3/16" x 1/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 4-5/8"
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- Number of cuts per inch: 42–84
- Number of cuts per minute: 20,000
- Cutterhead power transfer: Belt drive
- Motor bearings: Shielded and lubricated
- Overall size: 38-1/2" W x 42-1/2" H x 35-3/8" D
- Footprint: 38" x 28"
- Approximate shipping weight: 1765 lbs.
- Precision-ground cast iron table
- Power feed rollers are steel, serrated infeed and polished outfeed
- Micro adjustment of table height
- Segmented chip breaker
- Variable feed rate
- 6" dust port
- Convenient control panel
*Prewired for 220V. If you require 440V operation, Grizzly must convert your machine at the time of purchase to maintain the machine’s warranty. A $250 non-refundable fee will be added to your order. Please allow extra shipping time for the conversion. If you need more information, please contact technical service.
* Freight cost not applicable to orders shipping outside the contiguous 48 states.
** Final prices will include state sales tax for items shipped to WA, MO, or PA. Shipping charges for items not shipped via truck freight will be added according to our shipping rates
Customer Reviews & Awards: