G8144Z 12" 1 HP VS Vertical Metal-Cutting Bandsaw with Inverter
An ideal bandsaw for making inside cuts and quick repairs.
The versatile G8144Z 12" 1 HP VS Vertical Metal-Cutting Bandsaw allows intricate cutting of aluminum or brass to tool steel.
Repairing broken blades, fabricating new blades, and rejoining purposely cut blade are simple thanks to the built-in welding station.
The blade shear allows for a square cut, the grinder allows for fine tuning the tooth spacing, and the annealer strengthens the weld.
The blade speed can be adjusted between 104–1300 FPM and is displayed on the digital readout.
The G8144Z features a Rhymebus inverter which gives you 3-phase, variable-speed power while operating on standard single-phase power source. This saves you money by increasing the efficiency of the motor and decreasing electricity use. It reduces wear and tear on the motor which extends the life of the bandsaw.
Additional features include the blade tensioning handwheel, blade post lock knob, work light, and air nozzle.
Like all Grizzly bandsaws, the G8144Z comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G8144Z manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your metal-cutting bandsaw.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the bandsaw may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Main motor: 1 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 3.3A
- Grinder motor: 1/8 HP, 220V, single-phase, 0.6A
- Power source: 220V, single-phase, 60 Hz
- Maximum cutting width: 12-3/16"
- Maximum cutting height: 5-1/8"
- Blade speed: Variable, 104–1300 FPM
- Blade length range: 94-1/4"–98-1/4"
- Blade width range: 1/8"–3/8"
- Blade welder thickness range: 0.025"
- Blade welding power: 1.2 KVA
- Table size: 18-1/8" x 22-1/8"
- Table tilt: 45° right, 15° left
- Floor to table height: 34-5/8"
- Grinder wheel grit: #80
- Overall dimensions: 34" W x 21-1/4" D x 59-7/8" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 566 lbs.
- Blade welding station includes cutter, welder, annealer, and grinder
- Variable speed from 104–1300 FPM with digital readout
- Left, right table tilting control
- Integrated chip pan
- Upper and lower blade guides
- Lower wheel cleaning brush
- Work light