Shop Fox W1860 8" x 76" Parallelogram Jointer
The W1860 8" x 76" Parallelogram Jointer with Helical Cutterhead and Mobile Base features extra-long infeed and outfeed tables that can be adjusted transversely and longitudinally to each other for ultra-precision face planing and edge jointing.
This Jointer has a 4-row helical cutterhead with 36 indexable carbide inserts. Carbide inserts reduce tear-out and last an average of 10 times longer than traditional jointer knives. Because of the upgrade to the indexable inserts, there is no more changing or sharpening replacement knives every time one gets dull or nicked.
Each insert can each be rotated up to three times to expose a new sharp edge for superior finish. Reducing the cut to the size of a single insert makes for a cleaner cut and reduces noise compared to the traditional straight knife cut.
Table levers with positive table locks provide quick and precise height adjustments, and the pedestal-mounted switch is conveniently located for easy on and easy off.
Like all Shop Fox jointers, the W1860 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The W1860 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your jointer.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the jointer may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 3 HP, 230V, single-phase, 12A
- Maximum width of cut: 8"
- Maximum depth of cut: 1/8"
- Maximum rabbeting depth: 1/2"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/16”
- Cutterhead type: 4-row helical with 36 inserts
- Insert size, type: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm, indexable carbide
- Cutterhead speed: 5500 RPM
- Table size: 8" x 76"
- Fence size: 38" L x 4-1/2" H
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 16" x 40"
- Overall dimensions: 76" W x 25" D x 41-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 470 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Parallelogram table design
- Lever-adjusted table height with depth gauge
- Center-mounted fence with rack and pinion adjustment
- Built-in mobile base with internally-mounted, nondirectional casters
- Precision-ground cast-iron tables
- Extra-long 40" infeed table
- 4" dust port with built-in dust chute
- Switch: magnetic push-button switch with large off paddle for safety
- Fence system: positive stops at +/- 45 degrees and 90 degrees
- Pair of push blocks and five replacement indexable carbide inserts are included