T27577 Picture Framing Machine / Underpinner
Make picture frames with precision and ease.
The T27577 Picture Framing Machine, also known as a Manual Underpinner or V-nailer, is perfect for anyone looking to quickly and accurately produce high-quality, professional picture frames.
With its small footprint, this framing machine can easily fit into tight spaces, yet also offer big-time versatility. The 13-3/4" W x 13-3/4" D extension tables support long picture frame mouldings.
Having the option of working from the backside of the machine is a gamechanger. The dual foot pedals allow for front or rear operation. The right foot pedal operates the front clamp to secure the frame. The left foot pedal inserts V-nails.
The T27577 accommodates 90°, 120° and 135° fence inserts for making up 4-, 6-, or 8-sided frames. It accepts 5, 7, 10, 12 and 15mm long universal-type V-nails. Stacked V-nails may be used to reinforce irregular frame thicknesses. A V-nail depth indicator light illuminates when a V-nail reaches proper depth.
Like all Grizzly woodworking machines, the T27577 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The T27577 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your framing machine.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the framing machine are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- V-nail channel capacity: 350 V-nails
- V-nail sizes: 5, 7, 10, 12, 15mm
- Frame/moulding width range: 1/4"–3"
- Frame/moulding thickness range: 1/4"–3-1/2"
- Floor to table height: 37-1/2"
- Extension tables: 13-3/4" W x 13-3/4" D
- Overall size: 28-1/2" W x 48-1/2" H x 30" D
- Footprint: 15" W x 18" D
- Approximate shipping weight: 121 lbs.
- Dual foot pedals for front or rear operation
- 90°, 120° and 135° fence inserts for 4-, 6- and 8-sided frames
- Indicator light for completed V-nailing (9V battery required)
- Spring-assisted loading mechanism with nylon pull-cord for easy V-nail loading
- Rubber-tipped top clamp with simple push-button vertical adjustment
- Powder-coated steel base and extension tables; cast-iron main table