G8146Z 15-3/4" 2 HP VS Vertical Metal-Cutting Bandsaw
Looking for a bandsaw that does it all?
The versatile G8146Z 15-3/4" 2 HP VS Vertical Metal-Cutting Bandsaw is feature-packed with variable-speed control, rack-and-pinion guard, built-in light, with the ability to cut, weld, and grind your own blades.
This type of bandsaw can be used for straight cuts, angular cuts, and curved or contour cuts on aluminum, brass, and tool steel.
Straight cuts are made using workpiece fixtures and with a light, even pressure against the blade. Angular cuts are made with the table and workpiece tilted at an angle other than "0".
When an internal contour cut is to be made, a hole must be drilled in the workpiece. The blade is then cut, fed through the hole in the workpiece, welded together again using the welding station and re-installed on the bandsaw to make the cut.
The welding station can also be used to fabricate new blades and repair broken blades.
The blade is supported by upper and lower tungsten steel blade guides that keep the blade from wandering during the cut.
Like all Grizzly bandsaws, the G8146Z comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G8146Z manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your saw.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the bandsaw may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Main motor: 2 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 6.6A
- Grinder motor: 1/8 HP, 220V, single-phase, 0.6A
- Electric welder: 4.2 KVA
- Power source: 220V, single-phase, 60 Hz
- Maximum cutting height: 10-1/4"
- Blade speed: Variable, 105–2100 FPM
- Blade length range: 133"–136"
- Blade width range: 1/8"–3/4"
- Table size: 21-11/16" x 23-5/8"
- Table tilt: 45° right, 15° left
- Floor to table height: 38"
- Overall dimensions: 36-3/8" W x 19-1/8" D x 71-7/8" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 694 lbs.
- Variable speeds range from105–2100 FPM
- Blade welding station includes cutter, welder, annealer, and grinder
- Left, right table tilting control
- Upper and lower blade guides
- Integrated chip pan
- Work light
- Wheel brush