G8146Z 15-3/4" 2 HP VS Vertical Metal-Cutting Bandsaw
The versatile G8146Z 15-3/4" 2 HP VS Vertical Metal-Cutting Bandsaw allows intricate cutting of aluminum or brass to tool steel.
This type of bandsaw can be used for straight cuts, angular cuts and curved or contour cuts.
Straight cuts are made using workpiece fixtures and with a light, even pressure against the blade. Angular cuts are made with the table and workpiece tilted at an angle other than "0".
When an internal contour cut is to be made, a hole must be drilled in the workpiece. The blade is then cut, fed through the hole in the workpiece, welded together again using the welding station and re-installed on the bandsaw to make the cut.
The welding station can also be used to fabricate new blades and repair broken blades.
The blade is supported by upper and lower tungsten steel blade guides that keep the blade from wandering during the cut.
Like all Grizzly bandsaws, the G0886 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0886 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your saw.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the bandsaw are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Main motor: 2 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 6.6A
- Grinder motor: 1/8 HP, 220V, single-phase, 0.6A
- Power source: 220V, single-phase, 60 Hz
- Maximum cutting height: 10-1/4"
- Throat capacity: 15-3/4"
- Blade length range: 133"–136"
- Included blade size: 134" x 3/8" x 10 TPI (similar to Grizzly model G8816)
- Blade size range: 1/8"–3/4"
- Blade speed: Variable, 105–2100 FPM
- Electric welder: 4.2 KVA
- Table tilt: 45° right, 15° left
- Floor to table height: 38"
- Table size: 21-11/16" x 23-5/8"
- Overall dimensions: 36-3/8" W x 71-7/8" H x 19-1/8" D
- Approximate shipping weight: 694 lbs.
- Variable speeds range from105–2100 FPM
- Blade welding station includes cutter, welder, annealer and grinder
- Left, right table tilting control
- Upper and lower blade guides
- Integrated chip pan
- Work light
- Wheel brush