Grizzly G5850Z - 20" 5 HP Professional Planer
G5850Z 20" 5 HP Professional Planer
Features like the segmented chip breaker, variable feed speed and lever adjustable bed rollers are expensive options on most planers of this size. Not with Grizzly!
For maximum power and performance in a 20" planer, the G5850Z 20" 5 HP Professional Planer is hard to beat.
Adjustable bed rollers and 5" dust port are standard on this already deluxe machine.
From the precision-ground cast-iron table to the hefty handwheels and conveniently located, thermally protected magnetic switch, you know you're dealing with a class act when you get your hands on a planer like this.
Like all Grizzly planers, the G5850Z comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G5850Z manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your planer.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the planer are available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Cutterhead motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase, 25A
- Feed motor: 2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 12A
- Precision-ground cast-iron table
- Table size: 21-1/4" x 28-1/4"
- Max. cutting width: 20"
- Max. stock thickness: 7"
- Max. cutting depth: 1/8"
- Min. thickness: 1/4"
- Min. stock length: 8"
- Feed rate: 17–26 FPM
- Number of knives: 4
- Knife size: 20" x 1" x 1/8"
- Cutterhead speed: 5200 RPM
- Number of cuts per inch: 66–101
- Number of cuts per minute: 20,800
- Power transfer: Double V-belt
- Overall size: 38" W x 42-1/4" H x 40-1/2" D
- Footprint: 26-1/2" x 24-1/2"
- Approximate shipping weight: 1010 lbs.
- Cutterhead ball bearings include grease fittings
- Heavy-duty cast-iron construction throughout
- Powerful 5 HP, capacitor-start TEFC cutterhead motor controlled by a magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- Bed rollers are lever adjustable
- 5" dust exhaust hood and board return rollers
- Variable-speed feed
- Segmented chip breaker and infeed roller
- Outfeed roller is finely finished steel
- Standard and metric scale increments