Grizzly G9740 - 20" 7-1/2 HP 3-Phase Planer
G9740 20" 7-1/2 HP 3-Phase Planer
This 20" workhorse is a great investment.
The G9740 20" 7-1/2 HP 3-Phase Planer was built for extreme duty.
This machine is solidly built weighing a massive 1678 pounds, with power up/down control for the table and variable speed feed.
The bed rollers on this machine are power-driven and adjustable for height when planing rough cut lumber.
The segmented chip breakers combined with the 4 HSS knife cutterhead means you get the best possible finish.
Like all Grizzly planers, the G9740 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G9740 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the planer are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Cutterhead motor: 7-1/2 HP, 220V/440V*, 3-phase, 20A/10A
- Feed motor: 1 HP
- Table elevation motor: 1/2 HP
- Table size: 20-1/8" x 35-3/8"
- Maximum cutting width: 20"
- Maximum cutting height: 9"
- Maximum cutting depth: 5/16"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Minimum stock length: 10"
- Feed rate: 20–40 FPM
- Knives: 4 HSS 20-1/8" x 1-3/16" x 1/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 4-5/8"
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- Number of cuts per inch: 42–84
- Number of cuts per minute: 20,000
- Cutterhead power transfer: Belt drive
- Motor bearings: Shielded and lubricated
- Overall size: 38-1/2" W x 42-1/2" H x 35-3/8" D
- Footprint: 38" x 28"
- Approximate shipping weight: 1765 lbs.
- Precision-ground cast iron table
- Powered serrated-steel infeed and polished steel feed rollers
- Micro adjustment of table height
- Segmented chip breaker
- Variable feed rate
- 6" dust port
- Convenient control panel
*This machine is prewired for 220V. We can rewire to 440V in a few days’ time for a fee of $250. Please contact Grizzly Technical Support at (570)546-9663 before placing your order.