G7948 20" Floor Drill Press
The awarding winning 20" drill press.
The Grizzly G7948 20" Floor Drill Press won the Readers’ Choice award by Fine Woodworking Magazine for its combination of features and performance.
Floor standing drill presses offer increased power and capacity that you can’t find in a benchtop version. The 1-1/2" HP motor of the G7948 powers the twelve spindle speeds ranging from 180–3240 RPM.
Featuring a max drill capacity of 1-1/4" through cast-iron or mild steel, it can also drill through fiberglass, plastic, and composites. The low RPM speed is vital to drilling metal.
The JT3 keyed drill chuck is fitted to the MT #4 spindle taper and offers up to 4-3/4" of travel. The chuck accepts drill bits from 3/64"–5/8". You can set the adjustable depth stop for predetermined and repeatable drilling.
The precision-ground cast-iron table is 18-3/4" x 16-3/4" and tilts 90° left and right. It swivels 360° around the steel column and has three 5/8" T-slots, 4-1/4" on center. The table has two lock knobs and a crank for easy adjustability up, down and around the column.
Prewired for 120V, the G7948 can plug into a standard 120V wall receptacle or can be converted to operate on a 240V power supply. If you prefer 240V, refer to the Voltage Conversion instructions in the manual.
Power and precision not found from a benchtop or hand drill.
Like all Grizzly machines, the G7948 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The G7948 manual was written by our U.S. based Tech Doc Dept. The complete and easy to read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your drill press.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Tech Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 120V/240V (prewired 120V), single-phase, 15.8A/7.9A
- Swing: 20"
- Spindle taper: MT #4
- Spindle travel: 4-3/4"
- Spindle speeds: 12, 180–3240 RPM
- Drill chuck: 3/64"–5/8", JT3
- Drilling capacity: 1-1/4" steel
- Table size: 18-3/4" x 16-3/4"
- Table tilt: 90° left/right
- Table swivel around column: 360°
- Table T-slot size: 5/8" wide, 4-1/4" on centers
- Footprint: 18" x 23"
- Overall dimensions: 21" W x 34-3/4" D x 70-3/4" H
- Approx shipping weight: 317 lbs.
- Precision-ground cast-iron table
- Crank handle operated rack and pinion vertical table movement
- Threaded depth stop
- Cushioned grip quill handles
- Three T-slots accommodating 5/8" clamping kit
- Cast-iron base
- Includes built-in work light