Shop Fox W1836 - 12" x 15" Benchtop Wood Lathe
W1836 12" x 15" Benchtop Wood Lathe
A lathe packed with features that woodturners love.
The Shop Fox W1836 12" x 15" Benchtop Wood Lathe has a powerful 3/4 HP motor with electronic variable-speed spindle control and a digital RPM readout for precise speed adjustments to make this lathe a top choice.
24 indexes in increments of 15° allow evenly spaced cuts while the headstock stays in a locked position, which opens new possibilities not available on most benchtop lathes.
The heavy-duty cast-iron construction combined with rubber feet allow for increased stability and smooth turning operations.
Like all Shop Fox benchtop machines, the W1836 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The W1836 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110V, single-phase, 7.4A
- Swing over bed: 12"
- Swing over tool rest base (banjo): 9"
- Distance between centers: 15"
- Spindle speed range: 5000–3800 RPM
- Spindle threads: 1" x 8 TPI
- Spindle taper: MT#2
- Tailstock taper: MT#2
- Tool rest width: 6"
- Tool rest post diameter: 16mm
- Footprint: 8" x 31-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 38-1/2" W x 15-1/2" D x 17" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 85 lbs.
- Electronic variable-speed spindle control
- Digital RPM readout
- Low speed spindle range of 500-1800 RPM
- High speed spindle range of 1000-3800 RPM
- Spindle indexing in 15-degree increments
- Spindle lock pin
- Tool holder
- Work lamp
- Safety paddle switch with removable key
- Heavy-duty cast-iron bed
- Non-skid rubber feet
- Included tool holder, knockout bar, live center, spur center and 3" faceplate