M1116 Shop Fox 6" x 20" Variable-Speed Mill/Drill with DRO
An appropriately powered mill for those new to machining or as a dedicated machine in a shop.
The M1116 6" x 20" Variable-Speed Mill/Drill sports some of the same features found on much larger mill/drills.
The magnetically mounted DRO measures X-axis (table), Y-axis (saddle), and Z-axis (column) travel in hundredths of a millimeter or thousandths of an inch.
Selecting whether the machine operates in high or low is as easy as turning the spindle-speed range knob. The variable spindle speed dial controls the spindle speed between 50—1000 RPM in low range, and 100—2000 RPM in high range.
The 5-3/4" x 19-3/4" table can be moved in two axes. Each axis is independently controlled by a handwheel. Both handwheels have graduated dials for precise movement in 0.002" increments.
The 3/4 HP motor powers drilling operations up to 1/2" in steel and 5/8" in cast-iron.
The optional D4780 Stand for the ultimate mill/drill package is available.
Like all Shop Fox mills, the M1116 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The M1116 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your mill.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the mill may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 Factory
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110V, single-phase, 10A
- Drilling capacity: 1/2" steel, 5/8" cast-iron
- Spindle speed: Variable, 50–2000 RPM
- Spindle taper: R8
- Spindle travel: 2"
- Head travel: 8-1/4"
- Head tilt: 45° L/R
- Max. distance spindle to table: 8-3/4"
- Table travel (longitudinal): 13-1/8"
- Table travel (cross): 4-1/2"
- Table size: 5-3/4" x 19-3/4"
- T-slots: 3 @ 1-1/2" centers, 3/8" wide
- Floor-to-table height: 37-1/2"
- Footprint: 11" x 9"
- Overall dimensions: 25-1/2" W x 19-1/2" D x 32-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 204 lbs
- Two-year warranty!!
- Variable-speed spindle w/DRO
- Spindle elevation DRO
- 3-Axis precision handwheel control
- Coarse and fine spindle downfeed
- 2-Speed gearbox
- Zero-setting dials on handwheels feature 0.002" graduation
- Dovetail headstock column and table ways
- Drill Chuck 3-16mm w/B16 Taper
- Drill Chuck Arbor B16 x R8
- Open-Ended Wrenches 8/10, 12/14, 17/19mm
- Hex Wrenches 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6mm