Shop Fox W1829 6" x 29" Benchtop Jointer
A solid, clean-cutting, 6" benchtop jointer.
The Shop Fox W1829 6" x 29" Benchtop Jointer combines rugged cast-iron construction in a compact benchtop design.
Its compact size makes for convenient placement in any shop, mounting and dismounting quickly to a workbench, making it portable when necessary.
The dust collection assembly collects debris from the workpiece as it is cut. The internal fan pulls debris from the cutterhead and blows it into the attached dust collection bag.
The W1829 features a 1-1/2 HP motor that spins the 2-knife cutterhead at 10,000 RPM, easily squaring your stock in one swift pass.
The single-sided knives are made of high-speed steel (HSS). HSS has been heat treated for hardness and wear resistance, which keeps a sharp edge longer than other carbon steels.
Like all Shop Fox jointers, the W1829 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The W1829 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your jointer.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the jointer may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 1-1/2" HP, 110V, single-phase, 12A
- Maximum stock width: 6"
- Maximum depth of cut: 1/8"
- Minimum stock length: 8"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/2"
- Cutterhead diameter: 1-7/8"
- Cutterhead speed: 10,000 RPM
- Cuts per minute: 20,000
- Knives: 2 (HSS), 6" x 7/8" x 3/32"
- Table size: 28-1/2" x 6-1/4"
- Fence size: 22-7/8" x 4-1/4"
- Dust port: 2-1/2"
- Footprint: 18-7/8" x 11"
- Overall dimensions: 29-1/2" W x 19-3/4" D x 12-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 69 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Mini impeller-driven dust collection fan and collection bag
- Fully adjustable cast-iron fence with 90° and 45° stops
- Cast-iron table
- Jack screw knife adjustment
- Powder coated finish
- Pair of push blocks included