M1049 Shop Fox 9" x 19" Benchtop Metal Lathe
Why pay for extra capacity when most lathe projects are well within the capability of this great tool?
The bench-sized 3/4 HP M1049 9" x 19" Metal Lathe from Shop Fox has all the features and precision of the larger lathes, but at a fraction of the cost.
The 4" three-jaw scroll chuck has hardened steel jaws that self-center the workpiece. An extra set of jaws is included for machining larger workpieces.
The reversible 7-1/4" four-jaw chuck also has hardened steel jaws but are adjusted independently to hold an off-center workpiece.
The M1049 can cut inch and metric threads. It is equipped with a thread dial that lets you know where to re-engage the half nut when cutting most inch threads.
An optional M1050 Stand for the M1049 is available.
Like all Shop Fox lathes, the M1049 comes with a 2-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The M1049 manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department is packed with useful information.
The Woodstock Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110V, single-phase, 9A
- Swing over bed: 8-3/4"
- Distance between centers: 19"
- Swing over cross slide: 5"
- Swing over saddle: 5"
- Cross slide travel: 4-1/4"
- Compound travel: 1-7/8"
- Carriage travel: 16"
- Spindle speeds: 6, 130–2000 RPM
- Spindle bore: 0.78
- Spindle thread: 39mm x 4mm pitch
- Spindle taper: MT#3
- Bed width: 4-1/2"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#2
- Tailstock barrel travel: 1-9/16"
- Leadscrew: 9/16"-16 TPI
- Longitudinal feed range: 4, 0.0047"–0.012"
- Thread range (inch): 27, 8–56 TPI
- Thread range (metric): 11, 0.5–3.0mm
- Max. tool size: 3/8"
- Overall size: 37 W x 20" D x 15" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 264 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Chip and splash guard
- Hardened and ground cast-iron bed
- Quick change gearbox with 27 standard and 11 metric threads
- Threading dial
- 4-Way tool post
- 4" 3-jaw chuck with two sets of jaws
- 7-1/4" 4-jaw chuck with reversible jaws
- Extra C-type tool post
- Follow rest
- MT#2 dead center
- MT#3 dead center
- MT#2 live center
- Steady rest
- Tool box and tool kit