South Bend SB1314 - 6" High Precision Adjustable 3 Jaw Scroll Chuck
SB1314 6" High Precision Adjustable 3 Jaw Scroll Chuck
Top-quality lathe chucks made for high-precision work and accuracy.
The South Bend SB1314 6" High-Precision Adjustable 3-Jaw Scroll Chuck are amongst the best available on the market.
They are made with tight tolerances to satisfy the most demanding of machinists.
The SB1314 is an adjustable jaw chuck that allows dead true concentricity and repeatability to within 0.0005".
The instruction sheet was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
Like all South Bend magnetic chucks, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based.
Parts and accessories for South Bend products are available on-line and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Outer diameter: 6.57"
- Outer diameter clamping: 0.32" – 6.30"
- Inner diameter clamping: 2.17" – 5.90"
- Max speed: 4000 RPM*
- Jaw mounting cap screw torque: 29 ft/lbs.
- Maximum chuck key torque: 65 ft/lbs.**
- Maximum jaw gripping force: 6744 lbs.**
- Approximate shipping weight: 19 lbs.
- Fine-grain cast-iron body
- Universal plain-back mounting
- Two-piece jaws for speedy internal/external clamping changes
- Three hardened steel jaws for durability and extreme clamping force/grip
- Grease fitting for complete internal lubrication
*The maximum speed listed above is ONLY possible with the chuck jaws and the workpiece in complete rotational symmetry. The workpiece weight must be within the limits of the lathe, and the workpiece mass must be of equal density throughout to prevent centrifugal imbalance or radial runout—even if a tailstock or other support is used for additional support.