South Bend SB1263 - Taper Attachment for 13", 14", 16" Lathes
SB1263 Taper Attachment for 13", 14", 16" Lathes
Upgrade your lathe for precise taper machining.
The SB1263 Taper Attachment mounts quickly to the back bed way of your lathe. Accurate tapers can be cut without repositioning the attachment or having to offset the tailstock.
You will have the ability to use the taper attachment without disengaging the cross-slide nut. This design allows the taper attachment to be functional at any time by simply tightening the two deadman clamp cap screws that lock the deadman clamp to the rear lathe way.
The Taper Attachment features an inch scale and a degree scale. An angle adjusting knob with fine threads achieves precise control when setting tapers.
The instruction sheet was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
Like all South Bend products, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for South Bend products are available on-line and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Taper per inch: 0.00" to 0.18"
- Max taper length: 9"
- Minor inch scale divisions: 0.01"
- Major inch scale divisions: 0.02"
- Taper angle range: 0° to 10°
- Minor angle scale divisions: 1/2°
- Major angle scale divisions: 1°
- Approximate shipping weight: 60 lbs.
- Fine-grain cast-iron body
- Dual inch and degree scales
- Fine screw taper adjustment knob
- Three-way adjustable external gib
Fits the following South Bend lathes: