Teknatool T30589 - 18" Nova Voyager DVR Variable-Speed Drill Press
T30589 18" Nova Voyager DVR Variable-Speed Drill Press
The T30589 NOVA 58000 DVR 18 Inch Drill Press is the world’s first smart Drill Press, combining the best features of Drill presses with state of the art technology to make your project work more efficient, fun and safer.
The NOVA Voyager DVR Drill Press is the most versatile drill press on the market, easily able to handle wood, metal, plastics and glass, making a truly cross functional machine.
The DVR or Digital Variable Reluctance is a switch reluctance motor with a unique electronic control. The electronic control utilizes a micro-processor for constant monitoring of the motor and environmental conditions to adjust power and power to suit. Using the unique DVR technology, the direct drive motor is incredibly smooth with no pulleys or belts to vibrate.
The NOVA 58000 is the latest customized DVR application, designed to utilize a number of sensors to provide superior safety and preventive maintenance features.
Easy to operate, the NOVA DVR range of machines are the only SMART machines on the market using Adaptive Control™ software. The NOVA Voyager software can be upgraded and updated via USB Port, giving you the ultimate in functionality and flexibility. This is the only unit on the market to offer this future proof service.
Designed by Teknatool International, innovating since 1955.
- Motor: 1.75HP/2HP high torque, direct drive DVR
- Power Supply Input: 110-120V, 10A (For 1.75HP output) or 220-240V, 10-15A, 2HP (2HP output requires plug change)
- Swing: 16"
- Spindle taper: MT#2
- Spindle travel: 6"
- Spindle speeds: Variable, 50 - 5500 RPM
- Drill chuck: 5/8"
- Max. distance from spindle to table: 23-1/8"
- Max. distance from spindle to base: 41"
- Table swivel around column: 360°
- Table tilt: 45° left and right
- Intelligent speed selection to get the correct speed for the application
- Direct-drive; no belts or pulleys to cause vibration or loss of power
- Slow start pilot hole function
- Tapping assist function
- Digital speed readout
- Electronic braking
- Load readout
- Self-starting function
- Digital quill depth readout
- Precise speed adjustment with knob
- Forward/reverse functionality
- 2-year full replacement warranty on motor and controller
- 5-year full replacement warranty on all other parts
Contact Teknatool regarding warranties on their products and technical support.