Teknatool T30948 - Nova Comet 14DR Midi Wood Lathe
T30948 Nova Comet 14DR Midi Wood Lathe
The perfect solution for a wide variety of projects from small pens to larger bowls and platters.
The T30948 Nova Comet 14DR Midi Lathe continues the legacy of the Comet Mini Lathe with expanded capacity and easy-to-use digital functionality.
This is a solid cast-iron lathe with a 14" swing capacity and digital readout for spindle speed.
This is ideal for either an entry-level lathe, a secondary lathe, or an investment for production woodturners and woodworkers who want a smaller footprint with flexible capacity in their workshop.
The Comet 14DR Midi Lathe has a two-step electronic variable-speed range:
- Low range: slower speeds from 250 RPM up to 1,100 RPM for larger spindle and bowl work.
- Fast range: from 750 RPM up to 3,450 RPM for miniature turning work.
The quick-action cam controls feature a comfortable rubber grip for fast and secure locking.
Contact Teknatool regarding warranties on their products and technical support.
- Motor: 1 HP, 120V, single-phase
- Swing over bed: 14"
- Distance between centers: 18-1/2"
- Spindle speed: Variable, 250–3450 RPM
- Spindle threads: 1" x 8 TPI
- Spindle taper: MT#2
- Tailstock taper: MT#2
- Footprint: 8-1/2" x 32-3/8"
- Approximate shipping weight: 120 lbs.
- Versatile two-step electronic variable spindle speed
- Dial-in, easy-to-use speed adjustments with speed screen
- Forward and reverse for additional versatility
- Solidly-built cast-iron construction for durability, stability, and vibration dampening
- Easy-access belt and pulley
- Quick-action cam controls
- 3" Faceplate
- Nova modular tool rest
- MT#2 live center
- MT#2 spur center
- Knock-out bar