The SB1007 South Bend 10" Lathe is a modern variation of our classic South Bend legend - known worldwide for its reliability and exceptional accuracy. Packed with features and refinements usually found only on much larger, more expensive machines, this gear-head lathe is versatile and heavy enough to do a wide variety of jobs - yet light enough to be quick and responsive to the operator. Spindle speed is controlled via convenient headstock levers, offering an available range of 55-2200 RPM. A heavy-duty 3 HP Delta variable-frequency driver inverter ensures smooth, consistent torque at every speed from the 2 HP two-speed 3-phase motor - without requiring a 3-phase power!
CSA certified meeting CSA C22.2 #71.2-10 and UL 987 8th Edition standards!
- Swing over bed: 10-3/4"
- Distance between centers: 30"
- Maximum weight between centers: 80 lbs.
- Swing over cross slide: 6-5/8"
- Width of bed: 7"
- Cross slide travel: 4-5/8"
- Compound slide travel: 4"
- Spindle nose: D1-4 camlock
- Spindle bore: 1.358"
- Spindle taper: MT#5
- Spindle speeds: (8), 55-2200 RPM
- Spindle bearings: tapered roller
- Spindle length: 13-5/8"
- Spindle length w/3-jaw chuck: 17-11/16"
- Tailstock taper: MT#3
- Tailstock quill travel: 3.125"
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 1.574"
- Inch threads: 4.5 to 128 TPI (37 pitches)
- Metric threads: 0.25 to 2mm (15 pitches)
- Longitudinal feed range: 0.0018 to 0.0128 IPR
- Cross feeds: 0.0009 to 0.0064 IPR
- Number of feed selections: 15
- Maximum tool bit size: 1/2"
- Spindle motor: 2 HP, 3-phase, 5.5A converted to 15A, 220V, single-phase, 60Hz with inverter
- Base footprint: 51-1/2" x 8-3/8"
- Approximate shipping weight: 645 lbs.
- Signature South Bend three V-way bed
- 4-Way tool post
- Outboard spindle spider for gunsmithing
- Quick-change gearbox for cutting inch and metric pitches
- Thread dial indicator
- Carriage and cross-slide power feed
- 6" 3-jaw scroll chuck mounted to D1-4 plate
- Adjustable carriage stop
- Change gears with drive shaft
- Toolbox with service tools