G7947 17" Floor Drill Press
A drill press with plenty of power and spindle travel.
The G7947 17" Floor Drill Press boasts 1-1/2 HP motor that smoothly powers the twelve spindle speeds ranging from 180-3240 RPM.
It can easily drill holes through fiberglass, plastic and composites and has a maximum capacity to drill through an inch of steel without bogging down.
The G7947 comes prewired 120V or can be converted to 240V. If you prefer 240V, refer to the Voltage Conversion instructions in the manual
The JT3 keyed drill chuck is fitted to the MT #3 spindle taper and offers up to 4-3/4" of travel. The chuck accepts drill bits from 3/64"–5/8". You can set the adjustable depth stop for predetermined and repeatable drilling.
To make sure that you get the best use of the table, the drill press features rack-and-pinion elevation controls—adjustable 21-1/2" vertically, 90° tilt (left and right) and is capable of 360° rotation around the column.
Finally, the precision-ground work surface on the base contains two more 1/2" T-slots, ensuring that every surface can be put to use.
Like all Grizzly drill presses, the G7947 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G7947 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your sharpener.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the drill press are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 Factory
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, single-phase, 120V/240V (prewired 120V), 15.8A/7.9A
- Swing: 17"
- Drill chuck: 3/64"-5/8"
- Drilling capacity: 1" steel
- Spindle taper: MT #3
- Spindle travel: 4-3/4"
- Number of speeds: 12, 180–3240
- Quill flange/collar diameter: 3.623"
- Drill chuck: 3/64"–5/8"
- Table T-slot size: 5/8" wide
- Table size: 13-5/8" x 13-5/8"
- Table swing: 360 degrees
- Table tilts: 90 degrees in both directions
- Footprint: 27-1/2" x 19-1/4"
- Overall size: 21" W x 30" D x 70" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 260 lbs.
- Precision-ground cast iron table
- Table has lock levers and coolant trough
- Threaded depth stop
- Crank handle operated rack and pinion vertical table movement
- Two T-slots accommodating 5/8" clamping kit
- Huge 4-3/4" Spindle Travel
- Cushioned grip quill handles
- Includes built-in light (bulb not included)