Grizzly G0458Z - 18" 1-1/2 HP Open-End Drum Sander w/ VS Feed
G0458Z 18" 1-1/2 HP Open-End Drum Sander w/ VS Feed
Finely sand wide materials without having to sacrifice space in your shop.
The G0458Z 18" 1-1/2 HP Variable-Speed Open-End Drum Sander offers a lot of versatility and a huge sanding capacity in a small amount of floor space. Sand stock up to 36" wide and 4-1/2" thick!
Unlike other open-end drum sanders, the table moves up and down instead of the head, meaning the drum support is much more rigid during sanding operations, giving you more consistent results.
The precision control of the electronic variable-speed conveyor allows you to find the perfect feed rate up to 12 feet per minute (FPM).
The dual-speed 4" sanding drum rotates at 2600 FPM and 3400 FPM, depending on the belt position on the pulleys.
Changing the sandpaper is easy and straightforward. Simply remove the top cover for unobstructed access.
With the G0458Z, you can run wide stock through two or three times without adjusting table height. Turn stock 180° between passes to ensure an evenly sanded surface.
Like all Grizzly sanders, the G0458Z comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0458Z manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your sander.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the sander are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 120V, single-phase, 13A
- Drum surface speed: 2600 FPM and 3400 FPM
- Conveyor feed rate: variable, 0-12 FPM
- Maximum stock dimensions: 36"W x 4-1/2"H
- Minimum board length: 6"
- Minimum board thickness: 1/8"
- Sanding drum size: 4"
- Dust collection port: 4"
- Overall size: 35-1/2" W x 22-1/2" D x 50" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 235 lbs.
- Two spring-loaded pressure rollers
- V-belt drive
- Steel construction
- 18" x 44-1/2" abrasive conveyor belt
- Electronic variable-speed conveyor
- Stationary drum headstock
- Safety switch with removable key
- Uses 3" wide sandpaper (100 grit included)
- Easy access for sandpaper changes
Please note: extension rails are required for use of the D2057A Heavy-Duty Mobile Base.