Grizzly G0835 - 24" x 24" Bowl-Turning Wood Lathe
Take your bowl turning to the next level with our G0835 Bowl-Turning Wood Lathe.
Solid cast-iron from the ground up, with a compact footprint, this wood lathe has been specially designed with the dedicated bowl turner in mind. It has 24" swing with 24" distance between centers, and features a fully-adjustable 14-1/8" wide tool rest that can be used with a huge variety of aftermarket turning-tool accessories.
The spindle turns with smooth, reliable, variable-speed power with a VFD-controlled 3 HP, 3-phase motor that operates on a 220V single-phase power supply. Dial in the spindle speed you need with the help of on an on-board DRO and forward/reverse spindle controls. Additionally, the headstock can be positioned at the tailstock-end of the bed for outboard turning with up to 36" swing when using the optionally available T27484 Bed/Tool Rest Extension.
Most notably, the super-thick and heavy castings used throughout provide an extreme amount of rigidity and vibration control - even when roughing out large workpieces. If you're a serious bowl-turner, or even just a serious turner with limited shop space, this lathe is a dream come true!
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor (with inverter): 3 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 8.5A
- Required power supply: 220V, single-phase, min. 20A circuit
- Swing over bed: 24"
- Swing over tool rest base (banjo): 20"
- Distance between centers: 24"
- Spindle speed: Variable, 60 - 2300 RPM
- Spindle threads: 1-1/4" x 8 TPI
- Spindle taper: MT#2
- Tailstock taper: MT#2
- Tool rest width: 14-1/4"
- Tool rest post diameter: 1"
- Footprint: 24-1/2" x 43-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 66" W x 28" D x 58" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 780 lbs.
- All cast-iron construction with precision-ground cast-iron bed
- Electronic variable-speed spindle control with DRO
- Forward/reverse switch
- Headstock can be positioned anywhere along the bed
- 7.5° spindle indexing
- 4-1/2" tailstock quill travel
- Lever-action cam-locks for quick positioning of tailstock, headstock, and tool rest base
- Built-in chuck guard, tool holder, and chisel tray