Grizzly G0489 - 3" x 79" 2-Wheel Metal Belt Grinder/Sander
G0489 3" x 79" 2-Wheel Metal Belt Grinder/Sander
A belt grinder/sander designed to give you versatility and performance.
The Grizzly G0489 3" x 79" 2-Wheel Metal Belt Grinder/Sander is made specially for metal workers.
It uses 79" sanding belts that resist heating up, even with a surface speed of 3900 FPM.
The sanding head tilts from 0°––30° to suit the job at hand.
Sand against the rubber contact wheel using the supplied work rest or sand flat surfaces against the 3" x 20-1/2" graphite-backed platen.
Covers are supplied with the machine to expose only the part of the sander you want to use.
The spark trap picks up the grindings at one end of the machine and the other end is supplied with a 4" part so you can connect your approved collection device.
Belt adjustments are easy with use of the single knob tracking adjustment.
For use with our wide selection of sanding belts for rapid material removal and shaping.
Like all Grizzly grinders, the G0489 comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The manual for the G0489 was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based.
Parts for the grinder/sander may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 4 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 11A
- Sanding belt size: 3" x 79"
- Sanding belt tilt: 0°–30°
- Sanding belt speed: 3937 FPM
- Platen type: graphite-backed
- Platen size: 3" x 20-1/2"
- Overall size: 39"W x 22-1/2"D x 48"H (head raised)
- Approximate shipping weight: 248 lbs.
- Work stop for use with the platen
- Work rest for use with the contact wheel
- 8" rubber contact wheel
- Spring loaded quick-release belt
- Single knob tracking adjustment
- Built-in spark trap