Grizzly G0897 - 4" x 48" 2-Wheel Metal Belt Grinder/Sander
G0897 4" x 48" 2-Wheel Metal Belt Grinder/Sander
Suitable for any shop, home or professional.
Featuring the popular 4" wide belt, the G0897 4" x 48" 2-Wheel Belt Grinder/Sander is great for knife making and many more uses.
The powerful 2 HP motor moves the belt at 4500 FPM, allowing you to easily remove material from even the toughest steel.
The large 4-3/4" x 11-1/8" platen allows plenty of space for flat grinding.
The work rest allows for end grinding. A spark trap and eye shield protect the user from being sprayed with sparks.
Adjusting the belt tracking is as easy as turning the belt tracking adjustment knob.
The rigid cast-iron frame reduces chatter during operation.
For use with our wide selection of belts for rapid material removal and shaping.
Like all of the Grizzly grinder/sanders, the G0897 comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0897 manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department is packed with useful information.
The Grizzly Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts for the grinder/sander may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 2 HP, 110V, single-phase, 13.8A
- Belt size: 4" x 48"
- Belt speed: 4500 FPM
- Platen size: 4-3/4" x 11-1/8"
- Contact wheel: 4" W x 5" dia.
- Work table size: 2-1/2" x 3-5/8"
- Footprint: 12" W x 16-1/2" W
- Overall size: 15" W x 25-1/2" D x 35-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 86 lbs.
- Spring loaded quick-release belt tension
- Single-knob tracking adjustment
- Removable spark trap
- Transparent safety guard
- 3" dust port
- Work stop for use with platen
- Work rest for use with contact wheel
- Small footprint
- Predrilled mount holes to secure to floor