This 8" Jointer is perfect for both professional and hobbyist woodworkers. The 76-3/8" bed with parallelogram tables for precision adjustment, extra-long infeed table, and the huge 5" tall fence will help you efficiently surface plane and joint the perfect edges every time. The 4-knife cutterhead gives you 33% more cuts per minute than comparable three-knife models and leaves a smoother finish that requires less sanding. Not only will you get great results with the G0490, but it's a joy to operate with its easy-to-reach pedestal-mounted switch, lever-controlled table elevation, built-in foot-pedal operated mobile base for portability in a crowded shop, and an oversized welded steel cabinet, which makes for an incredibly stable cutting platform. This machine will surface plane and joint smooth, flat edges all day long.
Certified to CSA & UL standards
- Motor: 3 HP, 240V, single-phase, 15A
- Maximum width of cut: 8"
- Maximum depth of cut: 1/8"
- Maximum rabbeting depth: 1/2"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-3/16"
- Cutterhead type: 4-knife
- Knife size & type: 8" x 3/4" x 1/8", HSS single sided
- Cutterhead speed: 4800 RPM
- Table size: 8" x 76-3/8"
- Fence size: 36" L x 5" H
- Minimum stock length: 10"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/2"
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 16-1/2" x 44-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 76-3/8" W x 24" D x 45-1/2" D
- Approx. shipping weight: 564 lbs.
- Precision-ground cast-iron tables
- Parallelogram table adjustment
- Extra-long infeed table
- Rabbeting table
- 5" Tall center-mounted fence with angle gauge
- Fence stops at 45°, 90° and 135°
- Sturdy cabinetsStand with built-in mobile base
- Pedestal-mounted switch for easy access
- Poly-V serpentine belt and pulley system
- Shielded & lubricated bearings
- Knife-setting jig included
- Pair of push blocks included