Grizzly G0840 - Mortising Machine with XY Table and Stand
G0840 Mortising Machine with XY Table and Stand
The perfect mortising machine for those projects with hard-to-reach areas and tricky compound angles.
The G0840 Heavy-Duty Mortising Machine features a unique rack-and-pinion controlled forward/backward tilting table, left/right tilting headstock, and handwheel controlled X/Y table.
The table tilts 22.5° forward and back. The column also tilts 22.5°, but left and right.
With a 110V, 1 HP motor and chisel capacity of 1/4" to 1", this mortise is able to handle even the toughest jobs with ease.
Equipped with a 21-1/4" x 7-1/2" table that has 11" of cross travel (X-axis), 5-1/4" of longitudinal travel (Y-axis), and two large hold-down clamps to prevent unwanted movement.
With its large capacity cast-iron frame mounted on top of a sturdy steel cabinet, this mortise leads the way in its class and is sure to be a customer favorite!
Like all Grizzly mortisers, the G840 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The G0840 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your mortiser.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts for the mortiser may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 1 HP, 110V, single-phase, 10.2A
- Vertical spindle travel: 8-5/8"
- Vertical head travel: 3"
- Column tilt: 22.5° L/R
- Longitudinal table travel: 5-1/4"
- Table size: 7-1/2" x 21-1/4"
- Cross table travel: 11"
- Table tilt: 22.5° F/B;
- Chisel capacity: 1/4"–1"
- Maximum chisel travel: 8-5/8"
- Maximum workpiece width: 7-1/2"
- Chuck capacity: 5/8"
- Collar size: 3/4"
- Spindle speed: 3580 RPM
- Footprint: 19" x 15"
- Overall size: 21-1/2" W x 28" L x 67" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 285 lb.
- Tilting column assembly
- Tilting Y-axis table
- X- and Y- table movement
- Solid cast-iron construction
- Two large hold-down clamps
- Dovetail ways on column
- Rack-and-pinion headstock control
- Gas strut assisted head return
- Adjustable work stops with two separate stop settings
- Quick-change handle positioning for maximum leverage
- Steel cabinet stand with indexed storage shelf for mortising chisels