Grizzly G0448 - Heavy-Duty Mortiser With Stand
G0448 Heavy-Duty Mortiser With Stand
The flexibility to perform compound-angled mortises with perfect control is what sets this Heavy-Duty Mortiser apart from all others.
The G0448 Heavy-Duty Mortiser With Stand has simple adjustments allow the head to tilt up to 30° left or right, and the fence also pivots up to 30°, providing just about any combination of angles.
Handwheel controls allow you to move the table left/right and forward/backward with precision and ease.
Adjustable work stops help ensure consistent results with production runs.
Round all this out with a 1-1/2 HP motor and solid cast-iron construction, and you'll see why this has become the mortiser of choice for busy shops around the country!
Like all Grizzly mortisers, the G0448 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The G0448 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your mortiser.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the mortiser are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 110V/220V (prewired 110V), single-phase, 14A/7A
- Table size: 19" x 12-1/2"
- Vertical spindle travel: 9"
- Head vertical travel: 3"
- Table longitudinal travel: 14-1/2"
- Table cross travel: 3"
- Column tilt: + or – 30°
- Fence angle: 0-30°
- Chisel capacity: 1/4" - 1-1/2"
- Maximum chisel stroke: 6-1/4"
- Maximum workplace width: 9"
- Chuck capacity: 1/2"
- Collar size: 5/8" and 3/4"
- Spindle speed: 1725 RPM
- Footprint: 20-1/2" x 17-1/2"
- Overall size: 71"H X 36"W X 24"D
- Approximate shipping weight: 356 lbs.
- Solid cast iron construction
- Dovetail ways on column
- Rack-and-pinion headstock control
- Gas-spring assisted head return
- Work stop with extension rods for setting each workpiece exactly the same
- Quick acting rack-and-pinion drive on longitudinal slide speeds up production of wide mortises
- Tilting column
- Angled fence adjustment
- Large hold down clamp
- Steel cabinet stand with indexed storage shelf for mortising chisels
- Stand included