Bring home the functionality and features of a much larger lathe with this compact G0838 16" x 24" Variable-Speed Wood Lathe. Don't let it's small size fool you, this stout machine has plenty to offer. With a 2 HP 3-phase motor using a VFD to operate on single-phase 220V power, this lathe gives you the extra torque needed for turning hard woods at really low speeds. Additionally, the headstock slides along the precision-ground cast iron bed and can be locked in place on the tailstock side for outboard turning of much larger pieces. This machine is a bowl-turner's dream!
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 5.6A
- Power requirement: 220V, single-phase, 60Hz, 15A
- Swing over bed: 16"
- Swing over tool rest base (banjo): 11-1/2"
- Distance between centers: 24"
- 1" x 8 TPI RH headstock spindle
- Digital spindle speed indicator
- MT#2 spindle and tailstock tapers
- Spindle bore: 3/8"
- Variable speed spindle: 100-1300 RPM (low); 150-2900 RPM (high)
- Overall dimensions: 60-1/2"L x 23-1/2"W x 48"H
- Footprint: 16"W x 42-1/2"L
- Approximate shipping weight: 388 lb.
- Heavy-duty cast iron bed and legs ensure stability and minimize vibration
- Digital spindle speed tachometer
- Quick, easy, and secure cam-lock headstock and tailstock adjustment
- Headstock adjusts for outboard turning
- Built-in, easy access tool holder
- 12" tool rest with 1" post
- Cam-lock/release levers for tailstock and headstock
- Includes 6" faceplate, live center, and spur center
- Indexed headstock rotation every 30° with 12 indexes
- Forward and reverse turning capacity