Grizzly G0645 - 1/2 HP Benchtop Mortising Machine
G0645 1/2 HP Benchtop Mortising Machine
The G0645 1/2 HP Benchtop Mortising Machine was awarded as Top Value by Wood Magazine for its combination of features including the rack-and-pinion fence, six-position handle and riser block that added 1-1/4" stroke to the column.
Rigid cast-iron construction and rack-and-pinion head control on a dovetail column help ensure this Benchtop Mortising Machine will produce precision mortises every time.
A pneumatic return strut eases the step-and-repeat cycle when making multiple mortises. A riser block is also included to increase the maximum stock thickness to 6".
The 1/2 HP motor powers through any type of wood and the easy-access drill chuck makes it simple to change chisels. Includes 4 mortising chisels!
Like all of the Grizzly mortising machines, the G0645 comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0645 manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department is packed with useful information.
The Grizzly Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the mortising machine are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 1/2 HP, 110V, single-phase, 6A
- Spindle speed: 1725 RPM
- Spindle taper: JT #2
- Spindle travel: 3-1/4"
- Chuck size: 3/8"
- Collar size: 5/8"
- Maximum stock width: 8-1/2"
- Maximum stock thickness without extension block: 4-1/4"
- Maximum stock thickness with extension block: 6"
- Maximum mortising depth: 3"
- Maximum chisel travel: 4-5/8"
- Maximum distance column to chisel: 5"
- Chisel size range: 1/4"-1/2"
- Table size: 10-1/2" x 12-1/4"
- Overall dimensions: 13-3/4" W x 29" D x 32" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 76 lbs
- Tool storage rack on back of column
- Dovetailed column and head
- Includes 1-3/4" riser block for increased capacity
- Rack and pinion fence movement (without riser block installed)
- Dovetailed column with adjustable ways
- Adjustable depth stop
- Large table surface
- Multi-positional handle
- Cast iron construction throughout
- Includes four chisels: 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2"