G0709 14" x 40" Gunsmithing Gearhead Lathe
An accurate and powerful lathe.
What makes the G0709 14" x 40" Gunsmithing Gearhead Lathe a "gunsmithing" lathe is that it comes with features typically not found on standard lathes, such as the high-precision NSK bearings, extra-large 1-9/16" spindle bore and a "spider" mount system.
The spider mount system has four brass-tipped screws that stabilize long shafting and rifle barrels through the outboard end of the spindle.
Supplied with a 2 HP motor, the 8-speed gearhead of the G0709 produces spindle speeds from 70-2000 RPM.
The tailstock lock system features a drive hub, which allows you to use a 1/2” torque wrench to clamp the tailstock in place at a pre-determined torque setting. This ensures consistent draw-down alignment every time, even with multiple lathe operators using the machine.
The G0709 features a foot brake that also acts as a safety device and can bring the machine to an instant stop.
The G0709 also comes with a D1-5 spindle, a 200 series quick change tool post, flood coolant system, LED work light and a pull-out chip tray.
Like all Grizzly gunsmithing lathes, the G0709 comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0709 manual was written by our U.S.-based Documentation Department.
The Grizzly Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO. Please note that liftgate service is unavailable for this item due to weight restrictions.
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 10A
- Swing over bed: 14"
- Swing over cross slide: 8-13/16"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Spindle bore: 1.57" (40mm)
- Spindle nose taper: MT#5
- Spindle nose: D1-5 Camlock
- Spindle speed: 8, 70-2000 RPM
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#3
- Tailstock barrel travel: 3-15/16"
- Cross slide travel: 6-11/16"
- Compound travel: 3-9/16"
- Bed width: 7-3/8"
- Overall dimensions: 71-1/2" L x 26-3/16" W x 52" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 1550 lbs.
- Easy to use lever controls
- Hardened and ground cast iron bed
- Cuts 4-112 Standard TPI and 0.1-7 Metric
- Cuts LH threads
- On/off reverse switch on carriage
- Socket for tailstock lock
- Cast aluminum gear cover
- 6" 3-Jaw chuck with reversible jaws
- 8" 4-Jaw chuck with independent jaws
- 11" face plate
- Steady rest/follow rest
- Full length splash guard
- Quick change tool post with 2 tool holders
- (2) MT#3 dead centers (1 carbide tipped)
- (1) MT#3 live center
- (1) MT#5 - MT#3 sleeve
- Pull out chip pan
- 1/2" drill chuck w/ MT#3 arbor
Headstock oil not included.