Shop Fox W1840 - 8" Variable-Speed Grinder with Work Light
W1840 8" Variable-Speed Grinder with Work Light
An accurate machine for putting an edge on a tool.
This Shop Fox W1840 8" Variable-Speed Grinder features dual aluminum-oxide grinding wheels; one 36-grit and the other 60-grit.
The 3/4 HP motor and variable speed combine to allow the wheels to rotate between 2000–3400 RPM.
The tools rests stabilize the workpieces when grinding and should be adjusted as the grinding wheels wears down.
The eye shields are adjustable to minimize sparks and debris thrown at the user.
A directional LED work light helps the user keep an eye on things.
Perfect for a variety of grinding applications.
Like all Shop Fox grinders, the W1840 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The W1840 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your grinder.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the grinder may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110V, single-phase, 5A
- Wheel diameters: 8"
- Wheel thicknesses: 1"
- Wheel types: Type 1
- Right wheel grit: 60-Grit
- Left wheel grit: 36-Grit
- Wheel material: Aluminum oxide
- Arbor size: 5/8"
- Arbor speed: Variable, 2000–3400 RPM
- Overall dimensions: 15-1/2" W x 12" D x 19" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 43 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- 3/4 HP Variable-speed induction motor
- Dual 8" aluminum-oxide grinding wheels
- 5/8" Grinding wheel bore
- 3600 RPM Grinding wheel speed
- Dual eye safety shields
- Dual adjustable aluminum work rests
- Base mounting holes 3/8" (2) x 9-7/8" OC