Shop Fox W1704 - 8" x 13" Benchtop Wood Lathe
Shop Fox W1704 8" x 13" Benchtop Wood Lathe
Ideal for pen turning and small projects.
The Shop Fox W1704 Wood Lathe is the benchtop model that pen turners and miniature hobbyists demand.
The variable-speed spindle easily adjusts between 750-3200 RPM with the twist of a dial.
The T32536 features cast-iron construction for stability, a 5-3/4" faceplate, 8" of swing over the bed, and 13" of distance between centers.
This lathe includes interchangeable 4-1/4" and 7" tool rests. Either tool rest will lock into a sturdy, quick-adjust base to maximize support where cutting occurs and minimizes leverage when in use.
Extra-large knurled spindle and tailstock knobs help provide an ergonomic grip for manually rotating your workpiece and changing out centers.
Like all Shop Fox lathes, the W1704 comes with a 2-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects.
The W1704 manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department is packed with useful information.
The Woodstock Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 1/3 HP, 120V, single-phase, 4A
- Swing over bed: 8"
- Swing over tool rest base (banjo): 5"
- Distance between centers: 13"
- Spindle speed: Variable, 750-3200 RPM
- Spindle threads: 3/4" x 16 TPI RH
- Spindle taper: MT#1
- Tailstock taper: MT#1
- Footprint: 5-1/2" x 23-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 29" W x 10-1/2" D x 13" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 52 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Variable-speed spindle
- Precision-ground cast-iron bed
- Safety paddle switch with removable key
- Knurled headstock and tailstock knobs for added grip
- Safety paddle switch
- MT#1 spur center
- MT#1 live center
- 4-1/4" and 7" tool rests
- 5-3/4" faceplate
- 3/4" x 16 TPI RH spindle