SB1116 21" Variable-Speed Gearhead Drill Press With Cross Slide Table
Unbeatable raw-drive power, performance, and precision.
This powerful, professional-level SB1116 South Bend 21" Gearhead Drill Press features a cross slide table with longitudinal and vertical power feed, plus all the precision and high-end capability you need to put out your best work.
It is equipped with a variable-speed 3-phase motor with inverter that runs on single-phase, 220V power, which gives you greater speed ranges with a lower amp draw.
Geared drill presses are designed for drilling larger holes than belt driven machines thanks to the spindle bearings and tighter tolerances.
The spindle is fully reversible, features both coarse and fine downfeed controls, and a depth stop for repeatable production.
The variable speed range between 0–2500 RPM is controlled by spindle speed dial and a high/low spindle speed lever. Low RPM speed is vital to drilling metal.
Additional features, such as a digital spindle speed readout on the headstock and a clutch-engaged downfeed function make this gearhead drill press top of its class in design and functionality.
The SB1116 is built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
Like all South Bend products, the SB1116 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The SB1116 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your drill press.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts for the drill press may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 5.5A (with inverter)
- Swing: 20-3/4"
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle travel: 5"
- Spindle speed: Variable, 0–2500 RPM
- Drill chuck type and size: JT6, 1/64"–5/8"
- Drilling capacity: 1-9/16" steel
- Max. distance spindle to table: 17-3/8"
- Max. distance spindle to column: 10-7/16"
- Head tilt: 30° R/ 90° L
- Vertical head travel: 13-3/8"
- Table size: 23" x 7-1/2"
- Longitudinal travel: 14-1/2"
- Cross travel: 7-1/4"
- Footprint: 26" x 18-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 42" W x 35" D x 69" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 739 lbs.
- Variable frequency drive for 3-phase speed control with single-phase power
- Powered or hand crank-enabled rack-and-pinion table elevation
- Coarse and fine downfeed controls
- Red anodized spindle stroke and table elevation handles
- Cast-iron base with two 1/2" T-slots, 8-7/8" on center
- 360° table and head positioning around column
- Digital speed display
- Emergency stop button
- Forward/reverse spindle switch