Grizzly G0678 - 8" x 30" 1-1/2 HP Variable-Speed Vertical Mill
- Motor: 1.5 HP
- Table size: 30 in. x 8 in.
- Longitudinal travel: 18 in.
- Cross travel: 7-3/4 in.
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Number of speeds: Variable
- Max spindle to table: 20 in.
- Max spindle to column: 7 in.
- Shipping weight: 966 lbs.
Product Group6"-7" Swing 9"-10" Swing 15" Swing 19" Swing Over 26" Swing Horizontal/Vertical Small Knee Mill
Hover to View Details
Showroom Pickup Availability
G0678 8" x 30" 1-1/2 HP Variable-Speed Vertical Mill
A vertical mill for any home shop, school, or production shop!
The outstanding features of the Grizzly G0678 8" x 30" 1-1/2 HP Variable-Speed Vertical Mill include fold-up safety handles, one-shot lubrication, tilting head, fine down feed, and last, but certainly not least, infinitely variable spindle speed control with a digital tach!
Now you can have speeds from 200 to 2250 RPM with just the turn of a dial. And it's controlled by a state-of-the-art frequency drive. Hook it up to your 220-volt, single-phase power source and go! The drive inverts and modulates the power to give you smooth speed changes with robust torque. No need for 3-phase with this machine.
The G0678 manual was written by our U.S.-based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your mill.
Parts for the mill may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 220V, 3-phase (with inverter for single-phase power), 3.3A
- Required power source: 220V, single-phase, min. 15A circuit
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle travel: 3-1/2"
- Spindle speed: Variable, 200–2250 RPM
- Table size: 8" x 30"
- Table travel (longitudinal): 18"
- Table travel (cross): 7-1/2"
- Knee travel (vertical): 17-3/4"
- Max. dist. spindle to table: 20"
- Column swivel: 360°
- T-slots: Three 1/2" slots, 2-3/16" on center
- Overall dimensions: 40-1/2" W x 42-3/4" D x 67" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 968 lbs.
- Electronic variable spindle speed control
- Reversing switch
- Adjustable travel stops on X and Y
- Fold-up safety handles
- One-shot lubrication
- Tilting head
- Turret-style column
- Fine down feed on quill
- Dovetail ways to ensure table movement accuracy
- 1-year limited warranty
We offer U.S.-based customer service and technical support to get your questions answered and help keep your equipment running in top condition.