G0678 8" x 30" 1-1/2 HP Variable-Speed Vertical Mill
A vertical mill that will make a fine addition to any home shop, school or job shop!
The outstanding features of the Grizzly G0678 8" x 30" 1-1/2 HP Variable-Speed Vertical Mill include fold-up safety handles, one-shot lubrication, tilting head, fine down feed, and last, but certainly not least, infinitely variable spindle speed control with a digital tach!
Now you can have speeds from 200 to 2250 RPM with just the turn of a dial. And it's controlled by a state-of-the-art Yaskawa frequency drive. Hook it up to your 220-volt, single-phase power source and go! The drive inverts and modulates the power to give you smooth speed changes with robust torque. No need for 3-phase here, folks!
Like all Grizzly mills, the G0678 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0678 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the mill are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 3.3A
- Power source: 220V, single-phase, 60Hz
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle travel: 3-1/2"
- Table size: 8" x 30"
- Table travel (longitudinal): 18"
- Table travel (cross): 7-3/4"
- Knee travel (vertical): 17-3/4"
- Max. dist. spindle to table: 20"
- Column swivel: 360°
- T-slots: Three 1/2" slots, 2-3/16" on center
- Speeds: Variable 200 to 2250 RPM
- Overall height: 67"
- Approximate shipping weight: 968 lbs.
- Electronic variable spindle speed control
- Reversing switch
- Adjustable travel stops on X & Y
- Fold-up safety handles
- One-shot lubrication
- Tilting head
- Turret-style column
- Fine down feed on quill
- Dovetail ways to ensure table movement accuracy