G1066R 24" 5 HP Drum Sander
Dual drum sanding to cut the work in half.
You can't beat the G1066R 24" 5 HP Drum Sander for removing planer knife marks and glue lines after panel glue ups while maintaining a consistent board thickness. The 6" dual drums allow a coarse and fine sanding in one pass when desired.
The G1066R features a single feed rate of 11 feet per minute. It also comes standard with heavy-duty rubber conveyor belt similar to our wide-belt sanders.
Customers have asked us why our drums are not rubber coated. The rubber-coated drums become "spongy" and do not sand evenly or parallel to the ends.
Like all Grizzly drum sanders, the G1066R comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G1066R manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the drum sanders are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Sanding motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase drum, 25A
- Conveyor motor: 1/4 HP, 1A
- Drum surface speed: 2300 FPM
- Stock dimensions: 23-1/2" wide x 4-1/4" thick
- Conveyor feed rate: 11 FPM
- Sanding drum size: 6"
- Sanding belt size: 6" x 95-1/2"
- Approximate shipping weight: 442 lbs.
- Sandpaper installs easily onto the drums
- All steel and ball bearing construction
- Two 4" dust ports for easy hook-up to a collection system
- State-of-the-art computer-balanced drums
- Powder coated paint