South Bend SB1102 - 26" 5 HP Single-Phase Drum Sander
SB1102 South Bend 26" 5 HP Drum Sander
Built for industrial-level production work.
Sand workpieces up to 4" thick by 26" wide all day long with the high-precision SB1102 26" 5 HP drum sander from South Bend.
With its dual-drum setup you can fit each sanding drum with a different grit, allowing both rough and finish sanding in one pass.
An external micro-adjustment knob for the outfeed drum provides the ultimate control for that final pass.
The table elevation is easily adjusted with a large handwheel and a four-leadscrew lifting system.
The variable-speed controlled industrial-duty rubber conveyor belt that is similar to those found on large wide belt sanders, feeds your work through the sanding head.
You can monitor the performance of the SB1102 with the amp/load meter conveniently located on the pedestal-mounted control panel.
Other features such as hook and loop drums for sandpaper and dual 4" dust ports make this the perfect choice for professionals or serious hobbyists.
The SB1102 comes with a 2-year warranty and is built to South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
The SB1102 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Sanding drum motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase, 25A
- Conveyor motor: 1/3 HP
- Maximum board width: 26"
- Maximum board thickness: 4"
- Minimum board length: 9"
- Minimum board thickness: 1/8"
- Surface speed of drums: 2300 FPM
- Conveyor feed rate: Variable, 0–20 FPM
- Number of sanding drums: 2
- Drum diameter: 6"
- Sandpaper: 3" x 176", hook and loop
- Footprint: 23-1/2" x 27"
- Overall Dimensions: 50-1/2" W x 36-1/2" D x 57" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 498 lbs.
- Variable-speed conveyor
- Industrial rubber conveyor belt (similar to those on wide belt sanders)
- Control panel with amp load meter
- Dual 6" aluminum drums
- Hinged hood for easy drum access
- External micro-adjustment on outfeed drum
- Four-leadscrew table elevation system
- Dual 4" dust ports
- US based customer service and technical support