Grizzly G1066R - 24" 5 HP Drum Sander
G1066R 24" 5 HP Drum Sander
Dual drum sanding to cut the work in half.
You can't beat the G1066R 24" 5 HP Drum Sander for removing planer knife marks and glue lines after panel glue ups while maintaining a consistent board thickness.
The 6" dual drums allow a coarse and fine sanding in one pass when desired.
The sandpaper length needed is 6" wide by 95-1/2" long. For a full range of replacement paper for the G1066R, shop here.
The G1066R features a feed rate of 11 feet per minute.
It comes standard with heavy-duty rubber conveyor belt similar to our wide-belt sanders.
Customers have asked us why our drums are not rubber coated. The rubber-coated drums become "spongy" and do not sand evenly or parallel to the ends.
Like all Grizzly drum sanders, the G1066R comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G1066R manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts for the drum sander may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Sanding motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase drum, 25A
- Feed motor: 1/4 HP, 1A
- Maximum sanding width: 23-1/2"
- Maximum workpiece thickness: 4"
- Minimum workpiece thickness: 1/8"
- Minimum workpiece length: 9"
- Feed speed: 11 FPM
- Drum speed: 2300 FPM
- Sanding drum size: 6"
- Sandpaper type: 6" x 95-1/2" plain-backed roll
- Overall dimensions: 37" W x 34-1/2" D x 43" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 442 lbs.
- Spring-loaded sanding belt tension/sandpaper
- Industrial-duty rubber conveyor belt
- Two 4" dust ports
- 11 FPM conveyor speed
- V-belt main motor; chain drive feed motor
- Dual 6" aluminum sanding drums
- Computer-balanced drums
- Four leadscrew table lifting and lowering system