G0490X 8" x 76" Jointer with Parallelogram Beds and Spiral Cutterhead
The next level in 8" jointers.
Professionals and hobbyist woodworkers alike, you can't go wrong with the exceptional value of the G0490X 8" x 76" Jointer with parallelogram tables and 4-row spiral cutterhead.
With the spiral cutterhead, dealing with dull or nicked edges is as easy as loosening screws and turning any of the 40 carbide inserts to a fresh edge. This process will reduce tearout and save you time over sharpening and resetting straight knives like a traditional jointer cutterhead requires.
This parallelogram jointer features an infeed table over 43" that is helpful for surfacing longer stock. With the parallelogram table setup, the four points of contact allow for easy adjustment of each table for perfect alignment.
The easy-to-use lever-controlled table elevation quickly adjusts the table height. The 5" tall, center-mounted fence is amazing for edge-jointing wide stock. The built-in mobile base allows you to easily move this beast around the shop as needed.
Like all Grizzly jointers, the G0490X comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0490X manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your jointer.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the jointer are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 3 HP, 240V, single-phase, 15A
- Maximum width of cut: 8"
- Maximum depth of cut: 1/8"
- Maximum rabbeting depth: 1/2"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-3/8"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row spiral
- Insert size & type: 14 x 14 x 2mm, indexable carbide
- Cutterhead speed: 4800 RPM
- Table size: 8" x 76-3/8"
- Fence size: 36" L x 5" H
- Minimum stock length: 10"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/2"
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 16-1/2" x 44-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 76-3/8" W x 24" D x 45-1/2" D
- Approx. shipping weight: 556 lbs.
- Precision-ground cast-iron tables
- Parallelogram table adjustment
- Extra-long infeed table
- Rabbeting table
- 5" Tall center-mounted fence with angle gauge
- Fence stops at 45°, 90° and 135°
- Sturdy cabinet stand with built-in mobile base
- Pedestal-mounted switch for easy access
- Poly-V serpentine belt and pulley system
- Shielded & lubricated bearings
- Pair of push blocks included