The first thing that comes to mind when describing the Grizzly Ultimate 16" Jointer is MASSIVE CAST IRON! Tipping the scales at 1650 pounds, this jointer features a 3-phase, 220V/440V motor, solid cast-iron base, hardened and precision-ground cast-iron tables, a center-mounted cast-iron fence, and cast-iron table elevation handwheels. When smooth operation, large cutting capacity, and mirror-smooth finishes are high on your list of desirable features, rely on Grizzly to deliver!
For the ultimate in extreme-duty machines, the G9953ZXF features a spiral, indexable-insert cutterhead, which means a cutting edge is always in contact with the workpiece, unlike with conventional straight-knife jointers. This provides for the finest finish available and a much quieter machine that's unlike any other. The carbide inserts are not only replaceable, but each one can be rotated up to three times to expose a new sharp cutting edge. It's like getting three blade changes for the price of one!
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 5 HP, 220V/440V* (prewired 220V), 3-phase, 14A/7A
- Maximum width of cut: 16"
- Maximum depth of cut: 5/16"
- Cutterhead diameter: 4"
- Cutterhead type: 6-row spiral with 120 inserts
- Insert size & type: 14 x 14 x 2mm, indexable carbide
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- Table size: 99-1/4 "x 16-1/4"
- Fence size: 43-1/4" L x 6-5/8" H
- Minimum stock length: 18"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/2"
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 23" x 57"
- Overall dimensions: 99-1/4" W x 45-1/2" D x 32" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 1742 lbs.
- Parallelogram tables with handwheel adjustment
- Precision-ground cast-iron tables
- Heavy-duty center-mounted fence with stops at 45°, 90° and 135° and rack & pinion lateral adjustment
- Pedestal-mounted switch for easy access
- Magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- Solid cabinet stand with noise-dampening system
- Twin V-belt drive
- Pair of push blocks included
*Prewired for 220V. If you require 440V operation, Grizzly must convert your machine at the time of purchase. A $250 non-refundable fee will be added to your order. Please allow extra shipping time for the conversion. If you need more information, please contact technical service.