SB1091 South Bend 8" Parallelogram Jointer
The parallelogram adjustment equals perfect alignment.
A 4-row helical cutterhead of the SB1091 8" Parallelogram Jointer ensures a cutting edge slightly angled for shearing action is always in contact with your workpiece. This provides the smoothest, flattest finish possible, whether surface planing or edge jointing.
The 36 indexable carbide inserts can each be rotated up to three times to expose a new sharp edge, meaning no sharpening or replacing knives every time an edge becomes dull or nicked.
The parallelogram table setup - where each table is mounted on four pivot points - allows for the smoothest, most precise table alignment possible.
Set the table height with dead-on accuracy with the digital readout for infeed table height and handwheel adjustment for both tables.
Other great features, such as a large Emergency Stop button on the cabinet stand below the cutterhead for safety, pedestal-mounted controls and center-mounted cast-iron fence with rack-and-pinion lateral adjustment, make this South Bend jointer truly top-of-the-line!
The manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
South Bend tools come with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based.
Parts and accessories for the jointer are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory.
- Motor: 3 HP, 230V, single-phase, 12A
- Maximum width of cut: 8"
- Maximum depth of cut: 1/8"
- Maximum rabbeting depth: 1/2"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/16"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row helical with 36 inserts
- Insert size & type: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm, indexable carbide
- Cutterhead speed: 7000 RPM
- Table size: 8" x 83"
- Fence size: 38" L x 4-5/8" H
- Minimum stock length: 10"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/2"
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 18" x 46"
- Overall dimensions: 83" W x 26" D x 46" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 730 lbs.
- Parallelogram table adjustment
- Handwheel-adjusted tables
- Digital readout for infeed table height
- Precision-ground cast-iron tables
- Rabbeting table
- Magnetic switch w/thermal overload protection
- Heavy-duty center-mounted fence with rack-and-pinion lateral adjustment
- Fence stops at 45, 90, 135°
- Sturdy steel cabinet stand
- Easy-to-reach Emergency Stop button located below cutterhead
- Anodized handwheels and fence handle
- Made in Taiwan