Grizzly G1079R - 16" 2 HP Drum Sander w/ Rubber Conveyor
G1079R 16" 2 HP Drum Sander w/ Rubber Conveyor
Ready to upgrade to a dual drum sander?
The G1079R 16" Drum Sander is the machine to run all of your woodworking stock up to 15-3/8" wide and 3-1/2" thick.
This machine features dual 6" aluminum sanding drums allowing you to sand two different grits at the same time.
The infeed (front) drum uses your coarse grit sandpaper for thickness sanding. The outfeed (rear) drum uses your finer grit sandpaper for finish sanding. This setup more than doubles your efficiency compared to a single drum sander!
The sandpaper width needed is 6". The length is different between the infeed and rear drums. The infeed length needed is 74" while the outfeed length is 75" long. For a full range of replacement paper for the G1079R, shop here.
The G1079R features a high output 2 HP TEFC drum motor and a 1/4 HP feed motor that are both capable of turning at 3450 RPM.
Combined with 2300 surface feet of drum sanding and a feed at a rate of 11 FPM, you’ll be looking for reasons to sand anything.
Like all of the drum sanders, the G1079R comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Sandpaper and other consumables not covered by the warranty.)
The G1079R manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your sander.
The Grizzly Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts for the drum sander may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Main motor: 2 HP, 230V, single-phase, 8.5A
- Feed motor: 1/4 HP, 1A
- Maximum sanding width: 15-3/8"
- Maximum workpiece thickness: 3-1/2"
- Minimum workpiece thickness: 1/4"
- Feed speed: 11 FPM
- Drum speed: 2300 FPM
- Drum sizes: 6"
- Sandpaper length: 74" (Front), 75" (Rear)
- Sandpaper width: 6"
- Overall dimensions: 27" W x 36-1/2" D x 42-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 304 lbs.
- Three pressure rollers hold stock down firmly
- Comes with 60 and 100 grit sandpaper
- State of the art computer balanced drums
- Heavy-duty steel cabinet
- Two 4" diameter dust ports
- Includes G3653 Low Rise Machine Stand