Grizzly G1079R - 16" 2 HP Drum Sander w/ Rubber Conveyor
G1079R 16" 2 HP Drum Sander w/ Rubber Conveyor
Ready to step up to a dual drum sander?
The G1079R 16" Drum Sander is the machine to run all of your woodworking stock up to 15-3/8" wide, 3-1/2" thick and a minimum length of 9" long.
This machine features dual 6" aluminum sanding drums allowing you to sand two different grits at the same time.
The infeed (front) drum uses your coarse grit sandpaper for thickness sanding.
The outfeed (rear) drum uses your finer grit sandpaper for finish sanding. This setup more than doubles your efficiency compared to a single drum sander!
The G1079R features a high output 2 HP TEFC drum motor and a 1/4 HP single phase feed motor that are both capable of turning at 3450 RPM.
Combined with 2100 surface feet of drum sanding and a feed at a rate of 11FPM, you’ll be looking for reasons to sand anything.
Like all of the Grizzly Drum Sanders, the Grizzly G1079R comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Sandpaper and other consumables not covered by the warranty.)
The Grizzly manual is packed with useful information and the technical support team is U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the drum sander are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Drum motor: 2 HP, 230V, single-phase, providing 2100 FPM of surface speed
- Drive motor: 1/4 HP motor drives the industrial rubber conveyor belt at 11 FPM
- Handles stock up to 15-3/8" wide & 3-1/2" thick
- Minimum stock length: 9"
- Approximate shipping weight: 304 lbs.
- Overall dimensions: 27" W x 36-½" D x 42-½" H
- Three pressure rollers hold stock down firmly
- Comes with 60 and 100 grit sandpaper
- State of the art computer balanced drums
- Heavy-duty steel cabinet
- Two 4" diameter dust ports
- Grizzly green powder coated paint
- Includes item G3653, Low Rise Machine Stand