Shop Fox W1740 - 12" 1-1/2 HP Benchtop Drum Sander
W1740 Shop Fox 12" 1-1/2 HP Benchtop Drum Sander
A shop-sized drum sander that delivers performance.
With 12" width and 3-3/4" thickness capacity, the W1740 12" 1-1/2 HP Benchtop Drum Sander handles most stock sizes produced in a home shop.
This is the ideal machine for removing the telltale surface marks from a planer.
The variable-speed knob allows you to increase the feed rate from 2.47–17.3 FPM.
Accepts hook-and-loop sanding rolls for easy installation and grit changes.
For a full range of replacement paper for the W1740, shop here.
Like all Shop Fox sanders, the W1740 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The W1740 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your sander.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts for the sander may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
CSA and UL certified
- Sanding motor: 1-1/2 HP, 115V, single-phase, 13A
- Conveyor motor: 1/8 HP, 0.3A
- Maximum sanding width: 12"
- Maximum sanding thickness: 3-1/2"
- Minimum stock length: 8"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/8"
- Belt size: 3" x 70" hook-and-loop
- Drum speed: 2127 FPM
- Sanding drum size: 4"
- Sanding belt size: 3" x 70" hook & loop
- Feed speed: Variable, 2.47–17.3 FPM
- Dust port: 2-1/2"
- Footprint: 22-1/4"W x 13-1/2"D
- Overall dimensions: 24" W x 27-1/4" D x 25-7/8" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 160 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Variable-speed conveyor
- Steel dust scoop maximizes dust collection efficiency
- Two adjustable pressure rollers
- Thickness scale
- Welded steel construction
- Industrial-duty conveyor belt
- Side handles for portability