South Bend SB1028F - 10" x 54" 5 HP Single-Phase Mill with DRO
- Motor: 5 HP
- Table size: 54 in. x 10 in.
- Longitudinal travel: 35 in.
- Cross travel: 16 in.
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Number of speeds: Variable
- Max spindle to table: 16-1/2 in.
- Max spindle to column: 26 in.
- Shipping weight: 3344 lbs.
Product Group6"-7" Swing 9"-10" Swing 15" Swing 19" Swing Over 26" Swing Horizontal/Vertical Small Knee Mill
Hover to View Details
Showroom Pickup Availability
SB1028F 10" x 54" 5 HP 3-Phase Mill with DRO
A South Bend mill with large capacities and high tolerances.
The SB1028F South Bend 10" x 54" 5 HP 3-Phase Mill features 3-axis table movement with built-in X-axis and Z-axis power feed.
The mill is constructed with Meehanite® castings for maximum accuracy and support through the full range of movement.
The saddle and knee ways are hand-scraped and have been coated with Turcite®-B Slydway® for smooth, ultra-precise movement.
A Fagor 3-axis digital readout (DRO) reads down to a 0.0002" resolution for repeatable, accurate milling operations.
An Align PD-200 power drawbar increases performance and production by cutting down the time it takes to change out the tooling.
The SB1028F uses a Yasakawa VS-606V7 inverter with a 5HP induction motor to provide true variable spindle speed from 60–5000 RPM.
The headstock is mounted on a wide-dovetail movable ram with 19-1/2" of travel and 360° rotating capability.
The headstock itself can swivel 90° left/right or 45° forward/back so it can be positioned for nearly any setup needed.
The spindle taper is R8 and the spindle has powered down feed with fine, medium and coarse feed controls.
Quality Allen-Bradley® electrical components and attention to detail provide dependable electrical control of the powered movements.
The SB1028F manual was written by our U.S.-based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
All South Bend mills come with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
Parts for the mill may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 5 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 14A
- Spindle travel: 5"
- Longitudinal travel: 35"
- Cross travel: 16"
- Vertical travel: 14-1/4"
- Ram travel (In/Out): 19-1/2"
- Ram swivel: 360°
- Head swivel: 90°
- Head tilt: 45°
- End milling capacity: 1"
- Face milling capacity: 4"
- Table size: 10" W x 54" L x 3" T
- Table capacity: 750 lbs.
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle speeds: Variable, 60-5000 RPM
- Dimensions: 66" W x 77" D x 89" H
- Footprint: 41-1/2" L x 24-1/2" W
- Approximate shipping weight: 3344 lbs.
- Fagor 3-axis DRO
- Meehanite® castings
- Turcite®-B Slydway®
- Allen-Bradley® controls
- Align power drawbar
- Yasakawa power inverter
- Table elevation power feed (Z-axis)
- Variable-speed longitudinal power feed (X-axis)
- Auto-downfeed with micro-adjustable stop
- U.S.-based customer service and technical support
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.