South Bend SB1117 - 9" x 138-1/2" Oscillating Edge Sander
SB1117 9" x 138-1/2" Oscillating Edge Sander
An industrial-duty edge sander for high-output professional shops.
When producing flawless work all day every day is a basic requirement of your shop, you need to trust your machinery to perform at the highest level.
The South Bend SB1117 9" x 138-1/2" Oscillating Edge Sander is a large-capacity oscillating edge sander designed for the rigors of industrial-level use.
The SB1117 is versatile to meet varying demands and be consistently reliable to last years of rigorous use.
Featuring a heavy-duty precision-ground cast-iron table that spans the length of the sanding belt, this industrial-duty oscillating edge sander from South Bend has the capacity and power your shop needs.
A 3 HP motor drives the 9" x 138-1/2" belt at 4120 FPM, with smooth 1/4" oscillations, improving finish and prolonging belt life.
It also features an auxiliary contour sanding table with 8" of vertical travel mounted to the side of the machine.
Sanding belt changes are fast and easy with the quick-release belt tension lever and roller adjustment features, allowing you more time to focus on creating your best work.
The SB1117 comes with a 2-year warranty and is built to South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
The SB1117 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based.
Parts and accessories for the edge sander are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase, 15A
- Sanding belt size: 9" x 138-1/2"
- Sanding belt speed: 4120 FPM
- Oscillations: 1/4"
- Platen size & type: 9-1/2" x 47-1/2", graphite-coated
- Main table size: 11-3/4" W x 47-3/4" L x 1-1/4" T
- Main table tilt: 0–45°
- Main table vertical travel: 8"
- Auxiliary table size: 13" W x 18" L x 1-1/4" T
- Auxiliary table vertical travel: 8"
- Number of dust ports: 2
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 24-1/2" x 42"
- Overall dimensions: 82" W x 24" D x 45?1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 873 lbs.
- Miter work stop
- Quick-release belt lever
- Conveniently located belt tracking and tension adjustment
- 1/4" belt oscillation
- Two large sanding tables
- End guards swing away for edge sanding long boards
- Table height handwheel for easy and precise adjustment and maximum use of sanding surface area
- US based customer service and technical support